Rocker Switches......

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
What is the earliest cars that you remember having used the rocker switches that are so common on the professional cars of the 1970's...... or do you know when they were first introduced?

Rockers became standard on Superiors with dash top mount and overhead switch panels starting with the 1969 models. Cars with in dash switch panels (radio delete panel, etc.) still used toggles.

Not pro-car related, but the plastic rocker switches were factory original dash switches on my '63 Studebaker Cruiser sedan, so they were around at least that early. Not sure when they moved over to pro-cars.

Okay.....

While we are on the subject of rocker switchers.....The 70 rescuer has it missing......

How difficult is it going to be to aquire a set of switches ??

The bottom metal plate IS there..... as are the wires of course...

But the panel itself and switches are gone......

I am just wondering if I have a chance or somewhat of a chance or is it a " Good luck and give up" type of thing ??

Thanks to all.....!!:thumb:

Post a picture of what you have, and we can take it from there. The switches are not hard to find. Possibly the panel could be made???

man I hate to see one more of us circling the drain. man got him self a good car and has to find another book end. pictures of what you need. Cole - Hersee rocker switches are around new on e-bay or from your local parts store. of course like everything else today they are not made in the USA. man I never once though a made in Mexico sticker would sound so much better quality then made in China. but then I never thought people would pay 100 bucks a month to keep things in a tin shed that should have been tossed out or a buck for a 1/2 pint of water they can get free any were.

Rocker Switches

Like Ed said, the actual switches are readily available... here locally at our NAPA Store or thru a tow truck outfit called www.AWDirect.com who also has switch panels that are adaptable if you don't fabricate your own to near perfectly match the originals? MM

Post a picture of what you have, and we can take it from there. The switches are not hard to find. Possibly the panel could be made???

Paul,
Off hand do you know just how many switches would be in the panel for a 70 dash mount ??
There are a few on E-Bay...one guys says he has 10 available......
Not sure what these should go for but he says he will cut me a deal if I buy several....:smiley3:
thanks
Jim

I believe our old 69er had 6 could be wrong,note all emergency lights roof beacon and bullet lights ran off 1 switch it was white as where all but had a red light to signify it was on,others makers had more probably to separate roof and tunnel lights,etc

Back