willing to pay $400 for 1959 S&S cot bar

Joe Puleo

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
still looking for a correct cot bar with mounting brackets for a '59 Cadillac S&S. I think someone on the forum said the S&S bar is different from the Washington bar. Willing to pay $400 for a nice one. I have a Washington model 54 cot. Not sure if they made a short and a long bar but I would need the long one.

Do you have the brackets, or do you need those also? I have 2 slightly different Washington cot bars. Wasn't looking to sell them, but I like your offer!
Now, we just need to know which you need/want.

still looking for a correct cot bar with mounting brackets for a '59 Cadillac S&S. I think someone on the forum said the S&S bar is different from the Washington bar. Willing to pay $400 for a nice one. I have a Washington model 54 cot. Not sure if they made a short and a long bar but I would need the long one.

Sir - you asked same question in OCT at http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21666 and Kurt and I replied just the same?

Have you contacted Carl? I know for a fact he has several S&S Cot bars for sale, exactly what you need. https://cwcoach.com

Nicholas, not only have I left messages for Carl, but I talked to Dale a couple of times. They just don't get back to me. If I were closer I would drive there, but I probably 7-8 hours away. Does anyone know what the difference is exactly between Washington and S&S? Thanks.

Nicholas, not only have I left messages for Carl, but I talked to Dale a couple of times. They just don't get back to me. If I were closer I would drive there, but I probably 7-8 hours away. Does anyone know what the difference is exactly between Washington and S&S? Thanks.

You're not the only one; I've left Carl with one Facebook and three phone messages in the last month, with no replies.

Can anyone post a photo of the correct cot bar for that era S&S?

Joe, I am sorry to hear Carl's team isn't getting back to you. Carl's operation is a fairly "one-man" band, but I have found him to be very kind. I can tell you he means no harm. I would suggest that you keep on him - or perhaps ask someone nearby to stop in for you. I know exactly where they are in his shop.

The S&S cot bar is the same since the 1950s. I am not sure if they made it themselves, or it was a "private-label" product from Washington or (less likely) Bomgardner. You can see it in the 1959 brochure, but the 1962 brochure has the best photo/description.

I admire your ambulance! Thank you for restoring it with an eye for original detail! Those details are what make these cars unique.

Attachments

• 62ss06.jpg
    62ss06.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 195
Thanks Nick. I just tried Carl again and he answered the phone! He said he never received my messages. He said he will try to help me. Thanks again for the photo and I will keep you guys posted.

Back