Wanted: Rocker switches & heater/ac control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
I'm looking for good used or NOS rocker switches (need 9 in total) and 1 heater/ac fan speed control assembly for my '73 Lifeliner. I've attached pictures of what I'm looking for.

I'd be OK with lighted rocker switches if anyone has those instead. The rocker switches are plain on/off models.

The heater/ac control fits into a stainless panel on the side window deck beside the attendant seat. I have one but need 2.

Bill

Attachments

• DSCF9010.jpg
    DSCF9010.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0002-2.jpg
    IMG_0002-2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0002-3.jpg
    IMG_0002-3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 136
The switch was made by Cole Hersee. Problem is that all that I find on eBay are 6 volt switches, and since they are a rheostat type of switch, you cannot interchange them. Also, I believe that you have two different type of switch's in that panel.. The one that I have described to dim the rear lights, and a 4 position heater blower motor switch.. off / low / med / high. If I remember correctly, both are also lighted switches.

The rocker switches are also various type of switching devices. On the top, they all look alike, but at the bottom, the connections are all different. Some are on / off, and others are 3 position switches, off / low / high. You will need to inventory the switches to know exactly which ones you need. Be very careful to make sure that you don't pull the wires from the switch, because once you do, it will be almost impossible to figure out which wire goes where. I suggest tying the wires from one switch together with a small wire tie, and then number each wire in the bundle showing exactly where it goes on the switch. Also, be careful to make sure that the switch you are buying will fit into the panel that you have. There are some differences between the widths of the switches, and they also differ from brand to brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back