2-1956 Superiors

Good luck to him with that price! Looks more like around $3800 to me on the top end for the lot.

Craig Lamond and his son (whose name escapes me for moment) have been procar stalwarts in the Pacific NW for a very long time. They've saved many hearses & ambulances from the crusher over the years. He's stated selling property where cars are located and downsizing for over a decade on and off. This is another such instance. The exact same pictures posted in ad (among others) were emailed to me 10 months ago, so the package is nothing 'new'.

If recalling properly, the endloader is complete yet more heavily rusted. The 3-way was acquired from a meth addict who had scrapped the stainless trim for cash. So in essence, there are not enough parts present to have two complete coaches. Several key factors involved:

1. They're trying to clear property, hence package for 3 even though SDV is moot.
2. Package should be regarded as one decent restorable 3-way combined with a considerable parts cache.
3. Burden of shipping or retrieving 3 large vehicles, all in-op.

Of course it comes down to price. Craig will have to move considerably off asking amount if he truly wants/needs them to leave, which makes me think they are really not that close to selling property yet. (Although I do feel Kurt's $3800 is low.) I served up a couple in Canada actively seeking a '55-'56 Superior landau last Spring. They couldn't come even close on price.

Have a '61 DeSoto 2D laying around? Then you have a solid bargaining chip with the Lamonds. ;)

Back