1974 C/B Oldsmobile ambulance

1974 COTNER-BEVINGTON HIGH TOP AMBULANCE - $2000 (MUSKOGEE)
Date: 2011-08-27, 4:00PM CDT
Reply to: sale-mcbwb-2569215493@craigslist.org

This is a rare (?) 1974 Cotner-Bevington High Top Ambulance. Not many of these were made. Perfect for restoration! Red and grey color. All glass is in good shape. Even the meds. compartment in the back door glass in intact. We bought it a few years ago, but don't have the funds to restore it so offering it to all those Ambulance Enthusiasts out there. We were told when we purchased it that it needed new timing chain and gears. We have the title and even the original owners manual that came with the vehicle. We are asking $2000.00/ O. B.O.
PLEASE give this baby a good home!

3k83mc3o05Y35W05X6b8r8eec1978fbdd11b7.jpg
3ka3m03oc5O65Z45T4b8rd9f18756c9c91a63.jpg

Looks to be worth saving and not unreasonably priced. Isn't Muskogee in Mr. Loftin's part of the country? May be worth checking out - if in the unlikely event that he doesn't already know about it.

This was for sale 6-8 months ago, and they wanted around 4k for it I think. At least the price has come down a bit. Now someone go and offer them $1500 and get a bargain.

Sometimes there's more to a photo...

...than you know. I was driving through Wichita in May, 1987 while bringing back the Lichtman's '65 S/P hightop from Idaho. I saw this car, complete with crew and patient, heading into town on I-35. I flagged down the driver, we pulled over on the shoulder, I told him what I wanted, he agreed (after getting permission from the patient, of course), we took the next exit, he stepped out of the car, I took this picture, thanked the crew and patient, and went on my way. Anything for the shot, I always say!

In early 1991, Kansas EMS regulations were changed to disallow the leftover non-KKK ambulances that had been grandfathered under earlier legislation. By the end of that year all of the lowtop van, carryall, and limo-style rigs were gone. This girl was sold to a Eureka resident and I lost track of it until it originally appeared on Craigslist a few months back.

Note the side warning light; it's the same one that's on the M-M Ed photographed in a salvage yard recently:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?p=53064#post53064

Greenwood County A.S. (Eureka, KS)
1974 Cotington 54

(SL photo)

Attachments

• Greenwood County 74 CB 54 001.jpg
    Greenwood County 74 CB 54 001.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Reposted Olds

Here's the link: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/2733141921.html

~~LOOK!~~ PRICE REDUCED!! - 1974 COTNER-BEVINGTON HIGH TOP AMBULANCE - $1500 (MUSKOGEE)
Date: 2011-12-02, 8:33PM CST
Reply to: sale-pfuja-2733141921@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
This is a rare (?) 1974 Olds. Cotner-Bevington High Top Ambulance. Not many of these were made. Perfect project vehicle for restoration! Red and grey color. All glass is in good shape. Even the meds. compartment glass in the back door is intact. We bought it a few years ago, but don't have the funds to restore it so offering it to all those Ambulance Enthusiasts out there. We were told when we purchased it that it needed new timing chain and gears. It is not drivable at present, so it will need to be trailered. We have the title and even the original owners manual that came with the vehicle. Also have the back wheel fender covers. Sold As-Is. Have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
We are asking $1500.00 / O. B.O. - WILL CONSIDER ANY REASONABLE OFFER!!!!! So PLEASE do! We need to find a good home for this vehicle!
Fix her up and show her off in car shows or Fix her up to look like the ghost busters car for Halloween!! Be the envy of your friends!!!
PLEASE give this baby a good home!

I know it's been on before, but the price has dropped a lot since then and I think they'd take 1000-1200. I did talk to them (nice people) and it seems as though it is complete except for some rear cabinets and the lights/sirens. All the glass is good.

I was going to go for it, but I have too many things going on to get to it this year. They sent me more pictures but the website is having problems and I can't upload them now.
I think this car is a great deal is anyone is able to get it. Some rear quarter rust and a back bumper from an Olds 98 and you are set for this price.

Back