Sad Pro-Cars

Got a lead Sunday on a hearse at a haunted woods set up close to me and I set out Monday evening in the driving rain to see just what was out there. One pro-car lead quickly turned into two pro-cars after they told me they had another up in the (haunted) woods that had been back there about 5 or 6 years.

They are posted in this forum due to current condition.

First car,

1974 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Landau Traditional end loader.
In current condition can be reversed and put back as original.

Second car,
1949 S&S Cadillac Victoria end loader.
I was shocked to see this one! I'd say prolly 10 years ago this ole girl could have been restored.

I did leave one of my cards with them but as of right now they are not interested in selling the cars or any parts from or off of them!

Sorry for picture quality. Its was coming a monsoon and I took them with my camera phone.

Jeremy D. Ledford photos.

Attachments

• IMG_20110919_170231.jpg
    IMG_20110919_170231.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,338
  • IMG_20110919_171156.jpg
    IMG_20110919_171156.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,336
  • IMG_20110919_171107.jpg
    IMG_20110919_171107.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,332
Got a lead Sunday on a hearse at a haunted woods set up close to me and I set out Monday evening in the driving rain to see just what was out there. One pro-car lead quickly turned into two pro-cars after they told me they had another up in the (haunted) woods that had been back there about 5 or 6 years.

They are posted in this forum due to current condition.

First car,

1974 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Landau Traditional end loader.
In current condition can be reversed and put back as original.

Second car,
1949 S&S Cadillac Victoria end loader.
I was shocked to see this one! I'd say prolly 10 years ago this ole girl could have been restored.

I did leave one of my cards with them but as of right now they are not interested in selling the cars or any parts from or off of them!

Sorry for picture quality. Its was coming a monsoon and I took them with my camera phone.

Jeremy D. Ledford photos.

Too bad they wont sell a couple trim pieces of the Victoria. If you get another change to get out there could you get the data plate info for me (located on passenger side between radiator and grille) I am trying to document how many of the 49 S&S line still exist. Also could you tell me the location of this coach for my records.
Thanks

Electrifying!

The photo of that '74 gives the illusion that the power was running into the top of the hearse. One touch during that monsoon and the juice would have sent you into la-la land! :stars:

Too bad they wont sell a couple trim pieces of the Victoria. If you get another change to get out there could you get the data plate info for me (located on passenger side between radiator and grille) I am trying to document how many of the 49 S&S line still exist. Also could you tell me the location of this coach for my records.
Thanks

Yeah its a shame the shape the old girl is in the shape its in and they wont sell the car or anything off it or the M-M. I even tried to buy the trim from the M-M! They do have my card and info if anything changes. I tried to raise the hood to get the S&S data but couldn't be raiseddue to the hood being beaten down so bad and I would have to had a pry bar to open it up and they prolly wouldn't have let me do that. The coach is just south of Lebanon Tennessee.

Yeah its a shame the shape the old girl is in the shape its in and they wont sell the car or anything off it or the M-M. I even tried to buy the trim from the M-M! They do have my card and info if anything changes. I tried to raise the hood to get the S&S data but couldn't be raiseddue to the hood being beaten down so bad and I would have to had a pry bar to open it up and they prolly wouldn't have let me do that. The coach is just south of Lebanon Tennessee.

I'd bet that once convinced either you'd pay more than scrap, or better yet, provide a better condition, newer hearse as a swap, the owners would give up that poor sad 49. All they need is a junk hearse to sit in the woods for their little haunted house bs. Shame, because I bet it was nice when left there, but leave an old car in the woods and for some reason people always smash the windows... and then move on. Maybe that's what the bar was used for by the rear fin.

Is this the nameplate you are refering to?
View attachment 5965

I'm in Michigan, not far from Troy, Michigan. Any chance you could "obtain" the name plate?

attachment.php

Adam, thanks for posting the photos of the Funeral Cars of the Church & Son Funeral Home in Clarkesville, GA on pages 2 and 3 of this thread. It brought back a lot of memories for me. I started my funeral career there at the age of 15 in 1981. Mr. Marler Church was a different type person. I tried for years to get him to let me get the older cars out clean them up and run them, but he did not want people to see them. He said "they make people feel bad". The black cars were a 1931 Studebaker (his dad's first hearse) a 1940 Cadillac Meteor, 1951 Cadillac Meteor, and a 1947 Sedan Delivery. After Mr. Church died (without any family left) the Funeral Home was closed and everything was sold and the money was given to 2 Church's and the Scotish Rite and Shriner's Hospitals for Crippled Children, except for a few items which he had given away. All of these cars were given to a friend of mine who moved them to a warehouse in a nearby town. The '47 Sedan has been restored. The man who now has these cars worked for Mr. Church in the late '50's early '60's and drove this car to college when he was a young boy. The white cars are in great shape and with few miles the '70 has less than 50,000, the '73 I think less than 30,000, and the '75 around 12,000. I have tried to talk my friend out of at least one of these and has not agreed, yet.

Individual (Chickasha, OK)
1956 Eureka combination

Hauf's Auto Salvage in Stillwater, OK was one of my favorite places to visit through the late 1990s. The property covered almost 70 acres and had many interesting procars (and cars in general, along with a few fire trucks) over the years. They are no longer in business; the property is 99% cleared, and is for sale. Here's a '53 S&S combination they had:

(SL photos)

Attachments

• 56 salvage 001.jpg
    56 salvage 001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,126
  • SS salvage 001.jpg
    SS salvage 001.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,188
This was a nice, complete car when bought by this guy: :badbad:

Individual (Okmulgee, OK)
1971 Sovereign Limousine combination

You may remember this very rare car being sold on eBay a couple of years ago. Originally owned by Hahn-Cook in Oklahoma City, one of her stablemates can be seen at the top of Page 188 in the Henney book:

Individual (Meeker, OK)
1940 Henney service car

(SL photos)

Attachments

• 71 Superior 001.jpg
    71 Superior 001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 40 Henney 001.jpg
    40 Henney 001.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,033
John is just saying he hasn't scanned them and he doesn't have a scanner. here are a few fresh ones' off the junk yards of America. the 66 superior is at a used car lot north of the cities. they have converted it to a limo. the rest are all at French lake Mn. just sitting there giving up parts.

Thank you for posting the pic of the KDOG Ambulance. I remember seeing that parked outside of the 96.7 KDOG Radio Station in between Eagle Lake and Mankato Minnesota. My parents and I would head from Waseca to Mankato to visit my sister that was going to MSU. We would pass the radio station with that ambulance sitting outside. It had a surfboard on the roof, which appears to still be on it in the picture. I think it was called "The Dog Catcher", and if I remember right they would run some sort of a prize patrol promotion where they would pull you over with the ambulance if they saw you had their bumper sticker on your car. Then maybe they would give you cash, I can't remember. I am sure that promotion didn't go over well with the local police! It was the early nineties, and I was probably in 4th grade, but I told myself that when I was old enough to drive I was going to stop by the radio station to see if they would sell the car. Well, by the time I turned 16 the ambulance was long gone, and I bought an El Camino instead (I still have it!).
It just goes to show you that 1. Just when you think an old procar is long gone, a picture shows up to show you that it was around longer than you may have thought and 2. Interest in pro cars starts at an early age!
Kurt

That isn't a sad procar... the location and neglect is what's sad !

That looks like a quick fixer upper and driver to me.

Some people just don't know what they have I guess.

Darren

Sad Pro Cars

Appanoose County A.S. (Centerville, IA; private outfit)

This down-and-out '72 Lifeliner was photographed in 1994 just outside of Centerville, which is the the Appanoose County seat. Centerville is famous for its unique courthouse square, which is two blocks long on each side.

Here's a '74 Criterion (looks like an ex-Capital City rig) that was on the same property as the '72. That's my 1994 National/Chevrolet 4x4 Type I demonstrator in the background...new at the time!

(SL photos)

I hope those are still around and in restorable shape . I'd hate to see these go to the junkyard and crushed .

Back