Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > 2015 PCS International Meet - Houston Texas

2015 PCS International Meet - Houston Texas For postings directly related to the 2015International Meet. All others will be deleted.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:49 AM
Website Member

Thanked 2,086 Times in 852 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Patrick,

I applaud your post,sir !!
The statments you make are clear,concise,and oh so true !

The part about the number of cars showing up is the point I like the best,its the PEOPLE,FRIENDS and future friends/members that make a great club.
I belong to the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America,who in some respects is like the PCS its about the restoration and preservation of of the mark.There is a meet in Germany every 2 years sponsored by the club.....there are very few vehicles that come from the US,of course some folks container up their cars and ship them over for the meet and then cruise around Europe for a month,can most of us do that ?? I dont think so,however there are hundreds of people that own vintage VW's that do come.Again paralleling your post,the people come for the chance to see old friends and make new ones,the cars,of course the cars a big part.....but its the PEOPLE.

I am sure Houston will go down as a very enjoyable and fun event for everyone that is able to attend ,with or without a ProCar.

1970 Superior Cadillac 54" Super Rescuer
1972 Superior Cadillac Model 626
The Following User Says Thank You to James Fischer For This Useful Post:
Patrick J. Martin (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 03:13 AM
PCS Pacific Northwest Chapter President

Thanked 2,003 Times in 811 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts

Milwaukee 2013 was the first meet I attended. While i remember several noteworthy cars in attendance, what provides me with the most and the best memories are the people I met. To finally put faces to the names & to get to KNOW these people. The only disappointment to the meet......was that some of the people I was hoping to meet werent there!. And the meet host had no control over that!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Website Member

Thanked 7,144 Times in 2,350 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 13 Times in 5 Posts

I totally understand everyone's comments about people and all that but why is it so wrong to ask how many cars are coming? Now I again, would like to know how many cars are coming at this point. The biggest day of the event is Saturday when the cars are on display so it is not just about people it is about the cars too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard Vyse For This Useful Post:
Paul Steinberg  (06-01-2015), Steve Loftin (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 11:23 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 10,222 Times in 2,665 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default I enjoy PCS fellowship as much as everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Koryciak View Post
I know many are discouraged about the amount of registered vehicles, I am sure the weather has a significant effect on the decision of many to attend the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick J. Martin View Post
With all due respect to everyone, I think those of you who seem to be hung up on the car count are missing the point of a PCS meet.
Asking about how many cars have been registered does not mean "hung up." It means: How many cars have been registered?

It's a simple (and legitimate) question that is worthy of an answer.
Keith Snyder (06-01-2015), Mike McDonald (06-01-2015), Richard Vyse (06-01-2015), Russell Street (06-02-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 12:16 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,663 Times in 658 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

While I agree with Patrick's statements as well as those of the others that the people make the meet and are a key element of any PCS event, we do deserve to know how many vehicles have been registered..... do we not? Is this a big secret? Someone seems to be purposefully avoiding giving an answer to this question. You are cultivating suspicions by not answering a direct question. Please let us know how many cars are registered for the show thus far. An honest response to a simple question would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:58 PM
PCS Illini Chapter President

Thanked 1,684 Times in 450 Posts
Groans: 1

I am not involved with the planning of this meet, so I'm unable to answer the car count question anyway, but as a former meet host, I am defending our current meet host. The argument I'm making is, does it really matter? Are you only going to attend the meet if at least 'X' number of cars are registered?

As a meet host myself, I can tell you firsthand that pre-meet car registration totals are borderline pointless anyway. People register multiple cars, then only bring one. People register one car, then arrive in their daily driver anyway. People register one car, then bring another instead. People also just arrive unannounced with no preregistration at all. And there's even the small handful of cancellations and outright no-shows.

Given the fact that we are now only about a week away from the meet, I'm going to suspect that Robert has his hands full right now. Creating goody bags, assembling welcome packets, nailing down any last minute details, and making final checks that all is in readiness are activities that occupied my time during the last week leading up to the meet I hosted. I strongly suspect that Robert isn't intentionally ignoring anyone, but rather that his attention and his time are directed elsewhere than checking this forum everyday and answering questions that will soon answer themselves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrick J. Martin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2015, 01:57 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,446 Times in 6,109 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

the problem is you wound know till about friday how many will come
Noah Dorsey (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 04:10 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,663 Times in 658 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick J. Martin View Post
The argument I'm making is, does it really matter?

People register one car, then arrive in their daily driver anyway. People register one car, then bring another instead. People also just arrive unannounced with no preregistration at all. And there's even the small handful of cancellations and outright no-shows.
Understood. And, to many, yes, it does make a difference. Why is this being treated as a big secret? Many of would like to know how many cars have been registered. This is not an attack upon those dilligently organizing the event, merely a simple question that they should be able to answer. As members, are we not allowed to ask a simple, straight-forward question and get a simple, straight-forward response? The lack of an answer cretainly raises concerns.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:50 PM
PCS Pacific Northwest Chapter President

Thanked 2,003 Times in 811 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts

WHY do we always havce to create some sort of DRAMA for every International meet?
John ED Renstrom (06-02-2015), John Royark JR (06-01-2015), Mike McDonald (06-01-2015), Noah Dorsey (06-01-2015), Patrick J. Martin (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 05:03 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,086 Posts
Groans: 0

I would suggest to all who are asking and pointing fingers they try and run a national meet for any club. The result is your volunteers come up short you end up juggling too many balls at once and not enough time to get all that needs to be done done. Now lets let the gentleman do what he VOLUNTEERED to do and stop this unanswered question nonsense. How many vehicles are there are how many are there by the second NOT the first. One national meet I set out with two got there with one the other went home on a flatbed. My two cents!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Grave For This Useful Post:
Nicos Elias (06-04-2015), Patrick J. Martin (06-01-2015)