Turkey Run Car Show and Gaslight Parade

What a great weekend we had enjoying the treasures of the Turkey Run Car Show in Daytona, the Gaslight Parade, and the Ormond Car Show on Saturday. Danny Ryder came down and spent the weekend with us bringing goodies for my Lifeliner.

We started off Friday attending the Turkey Run event held on the enfield of the Daytona Speedway. Bill, a friends of Bill's, Danny, myself, and my two boys had a great day of peering at cars and strolling through the swap meet. Later that night we drove in the Gaslight Parade with PCS member Pat Brewer in attendance with his Packard.

Saturday began with rain, yuck, but it cleared and off we go for the Ormond Car Show. Cool day with an unusual twist at the end. As they annouce the trophy winners for 1st and 2nd place guess what, my 74 got 2nd and the Lifeliner took a 1st. I couldn't believe it but will take what I can when I can. Danny drove the Criterion and I the Lifeliner, thanks Danny for driving my 2nd place trophy award winning ambulance.

Great day with lot's of fun and fellowship. Our discussion all weekend was why more PCS members do not attend this event, you really have no idea what you're missing.

Attachments

• Turkey Run Car Show 024.jpg
    Turkey Run Car Show 024.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Turkey Run Car Show 025.jpg
    Turkey Run Car Show 025.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 193
  • Turkey Run Car Show 027.jpg
    Turkey Run Car Show 027.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Turkey Run Car Show 040.jpg
    Turkey Run Car Show 040.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Turkey Run Car Show 042.jpg
    Turkey Run Car Show 042.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I almost forgot this one. The "Ga-Father" in action.

PS: Turns out they placed Bill's ambulance in a different class so they awarded him a first place trophy as well.

Attachments

• Turkey Run Car Show 041.jpg
    Turkey Run Car Show 041.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 193
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFfuOUGAaGE[/ame]

If you'll notice you can see both the beacons from the rear on my Criterion.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZ3WEB8gkY[/ame]

Last edited:
Looks as though you all had a great time. Ya gotta love the Ga-Father in action.....congratulations to both of you on your wins. Car shows are over here for the year :snow2_smi:

Richard, it looks like you guys had a great time! Lucille and I have wanted to go to the Turkey Run Car Show for many years, but it is a matter of time, distance and money, why we have not gone, but it is still on the radar for someday.

In case you have not noticed, keep your woman close, when the Ga-Fatta is around. He is a dangerous man around wives, girlfriends, even daughters. You really have to keep an eye on Mr Wright.

way to much fun here I'm sliding thew stop signs shoveling snow and your out playing in shorts. were are my 100 dollar cheap grope tickets.one nice thing about Bill is you never see him with the same gal twice. so if your a forgiving type all you is need to be Patience around him.

Richard, congradulations to you and Bill. Looks like you guys had a blast. I would love to make it down there next year.

Josh

way to much fun here I'm sliding thew stop signs shoveling snow and your out playing in shorts. were are my 100 dollar cheap grope tickets.one nice thing about Bill is you never see him with the same gal twice. so if your a forgiving type all you is need to be Patience around him.

Yes Ed, I agree with what you said, he does like tgo spread himself around. But, did you ever notice how he squeezes our wives?

Back