Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > General Discussion Forum

Notices

General Discussion Forum For the general discussion of Professional Cars.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:22 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,084 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tpc 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Grave View Post
You know the printer could have mixed pictures up. I think you guys are beating this up too much. The guys are volunteers doing a great job for us cut them some slack.
Not trying to beat anyone up, just looking for clarification for my own knowledge. Magazine is always great.

1961 S&S Limo Style End Loader
1962 Buick Electra 225 Limo (By Flxible)
1965 C/B Landau
1968 Crown Royale 3-way
1975 M-M Criterion
1996 Eagle Coupe de Fleur

1964 Dodge 880 Hardtop Wagon
1973 VW Thing
1968 A-100 Truck
1970 300 Convertible
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Scully For This Useful Post:
John ED Renstrom (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 12:55 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Grave View Post
You know the printer could have mixed pictures up. I think you guys are beating this up too much. The guys are volunteers doing a great job for us cut them some slack.
Agreed, I wish I would have kept my big mouth shut as I absolutely loved this issue of TPC...my very favorite pro-car is high-top ambulances! With low-top ambulances a close second. Moderators feel free to remove my last post if you'd like as I didn't mean any ill will whatsoever, and I apologize.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:35 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 15,334 Times in 6,467 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

No need to keep quite about things. No need to get excited about things either . One has to remember the staff has taken a couple big hits here. Brady's stroke now Tom's. it effects them more them we really know.
Abe Bush (11-06-2019), Daniel Scully (11-05-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 08:19 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,335 Times in 535 Posts
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Arrived up here today. Excellent, as always! Thanks to all involved, particularly Walt McCall.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 AM
PCS Life Member

Default Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marcy View Post
TPC arrived yesterday and it is fantastic! In the Letters to the Editor, you can see how much of a gentleman Walt McCall is, by his ownership of an error. We are very fortunate to have Mr McCall and crew doing our magazine.
My "Letter to the Editor" was a private email ( or so I thought ) with Walt McCall. It was never intended for publication. My point was I wish they had a better system of proof reading or proof readers so some of these mistakes could be corrected before it goes to print. In my case, the text was "retyped" and errors were made. Not the end of the world but a simple proof read would of caught these mistakes. I was in no way looking for a apology from Walt. Mr. McCall has given more to this club than anyone could ever begin to repay him for and I appreciate his dedication all these years. I'd be more than happy to volunteer my time as a proof reader ( as I'm sure others would ) all they have to do is ask. Nobody is perfect, mistakes happen. With team effort a simple mistake will be less likely to fall through the cracks. With this being said I appreciated seeing the article and pictures in print. For the past 25 years I have always looked forward to my next issue of TPC.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tim A. Fantin For This Useful Post:
Abe Bush (11-07-2019), Bill Marcy (11-07-2019), Daniel Scully (11-07-2019), David Henry (11-09-2019), Mike McDonald (11-07-2019), Steve Loftin (11-07-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 08:08 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,531 Posts
Groans: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim A. Fantin View Post
My "Letter to the Editor" was a private email ( or so I thought ) with Walt McCall. It was never intended for publication. My point was I wish they had a better system of proof reading or proof readers so some of these mistakes could be corrected before it goes to print. In my case, the text was "retyped" and errors were made. Not the end of the world but a simple proof read would of caught these mistakes. I was in no way looking for a apology from Walt. Mr. McCall has given more to this club than anyone could ever begin to repay him for and I appreciate his dedication all these years. I'd be more than happy to volunteer my time as a proof reader ( as I'm sure others would ) all they have to do is ask. Nobody is perfect, mistakes happen. With team effort a simple mistake will be less likely to fall through the cracks. With this being said I appreciated seeing the article and pictures in print. For the past 25 years I have always looked forward to my next issue of TPC.
I see your points tim, you make lots of sense. My comment was in no way intended to be a criticism, rather praise for Walt McCall's response, as the true gentleman he is. And yes, Mr McCall has given plenty to our club, as I have said many times, we are very fortunate to have him.
Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Abe Bush (11-07-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 15,334 Times in 6,467 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

One of the things we need to visit. At he next board Meeting is adding some help to the committe. The key word being help. What they need should be up to them. But a little more depth might be in order to keep things going smoothly.
Abe Bush (11-07-2019), Peter Grave (11-07-2019)