ID this limo

John Royark JR

PCS Member
Came across this the other day. Im not good with Buicks so can anyone tell me the year and what the model for the limo is? I didnt get to talk to the owner, but the guy i talked to thinks it is a 1941? Its not for sale as far as he knows. He told me owner loves it and uses it as a daily driver until the fuel pump recently went out, and is waiting for it to be rebuilt.
Nice original throughout.

1941 Buick 1.jpg

1941 Buick 2.jpg

1941 Buick 3.jpg

1941 Buick 4.jpg

1941 Buick 5.jpg

John ..... This appears to be a 1941 Buick Limited Series 90 long-wheelbase six-passenger sedan. If it has a partition betwen the front and rear compartments, it would be a Model 91-F of which only 293 were built. However, if it doesn't have the partition, it would be a Model 91 of which 1,223 were built. The Model 91-F retailed for $2,310 while the Model 91 cost $2,155. A Model 91-F tipped the scales at 4,665 pounds while the Model 91 weighed 4,575 pounds. There were also 8-passenger versions of this body type. These were equipped with folding jump seats and classified as the Model 90-L (limousine) and the Model 90 (8-passenger sedan). These sold for $2,465 and $2,360 weighing 4,760 and 4,680 pounds respectuvely. There were 605 Model 90-L limousines and 906 Model 90 sedans sold. Hope that this helps. Looks like a nice restorable car.

Steve, not sure if the jumpseats are there, I didnt see any, but didnt mess with the partition as it was not my car and I was not with the owner.

Keith, yes it has partition glass, thanks for all the info.

What a grand old gangster's getaway car this is! I certainly wouldn't disagree with anyone who asserts that Buick's 1941 models were among the best cars General Motors ever built in terms of overall excellence and curb appeal. I fondly recall a thread somewhere on this site from a month or-so ago chronicling Georgia member Danny Ryder's recent acquisition of a similar 1941 Series 90 from the Boston area. Learning about two nice ones in such a short span of time is almost like a double helping of dessert.

What a grand old gangster's getaway car this is! I certainly wouldn't disagree with anyone who asserts that Buick's 1941 models were among the best cars General Motors ever built in terms of overall excellence and curb appeal. I fondly recall a thread somewhere on this site from a month or-so ago chronicling Georgia member Danny Ryder's recent acquisition of a similar 1941 Series 90 from the Boston area. Learning about two nice ones in such a short span of time is almost like a double helping of dessert.

Yes Gregg, I have matching car and this one would have jump seats but they fold up nicely and not real obvious they are there. Mine is a 37k original car in like new condition. THis one looks pretty good especially for a daily driver. Funny to see another one so soon.:071:

I remember the one Danny bought, but I didnt even think of it being the same year. This one has been a daily driver for many years, so being that its in Iowa it has survived pretty well.
Hopfully sometime i can get ahold of the owner and find out more,

Back