Tpc 176

What is the date on the cover page? January / February or January / February / March?

PCS magazine arrived here today. Well worth the wait. Another super issue, Thank's to Walt and all who make it possible. Wonderful article on Louis Armstrong's funeral. and the usual fine coverage of the micro meet. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Scan_0011.pdf
    609.5 KB · Views: 134
Tpc number 176

Recd. mine in Wisconsin today. Can anyone provide more information on the First-In-Show Models 1:18 scale being produced in Europe? A '52 Henney Packard Senior ambulance was displayed. Article says it's the 1st of 8 professional car models to be released this year. Also included are a 1956 Miller Cadillac Ambulance, 1939 LaSalle Carved-Panel hearse and others. What are the other models to be released and what are the selling prices? Hard to believe they will be releasing all 8 in one year? I'll need another job in order buy all of them and another curio cabinet!

I think they meant to say "Best of Show" or BoS- It's supposed to be released this spring. I didn't know there was going to be 8 though- they're killin' me! :D

I think they meant to say "Best of Show" or BoS- It's supposed to be released this spring. I didn't know there was going to be 8 though- they're killin' me! :D

BOS models are very expensive! They are very nice. The doors, hoods and trunks etc. never open. I hope this isn't the manufacturer!

issue 175

Well it is nice to see the cover of issue 176 already. I just got my issue 175 this past Monday the 26th of March, so there is maybe a bit of a lag between you guys down south and us up here. Be that as it may be, I can hardly wait for 176 and really liked the issue I just got with all the meet coverage from last year. Cheers to everyone who works so hard on producing the magazine and thank you.

Dave:applause:

BOS models are very expensive! They are very nice. The doors, hoods and trunks etc. never open. I hope this isn't the manufacturer!

True, I do like the diecasts for being able to open the doors and peak inside- the advantage to resin models is that they are able to cast sharper edges and finer more realistic detail than diecast. The REALLY expensive models are the hybrid ones that give you the heft of the diecast with metal underneath a resin body. I haven't bought any of those, but I hear they're awesome.

I know they are doing a 52 Henney Packard Senior hearse too, in black.

One would think with The Big Reveal held at the Micro Meet there would have been more information shared with members who were not in attendance. It would be helpful to know with so many models being proposed for release just what they will be. Knowing all of them, and knowing all can't be purchased, it would help in purchasing one or two favorites when released. It's exciting!

Of course being a MoPar guy, I love the tandem treat of Tom's cover feature on the Superior Chryslers, and Walt's piece on Plymouth professional cars. This will be hours of educational and pleasant reading for me, from two of my heroes.

Got Mine Today!

I can't believe it, two issues of TPC in the same month. Being a lover of rare and, or "oddball" cars, this issue is right up my alley. Great job!

I can't believe it, two issues of TPC in the same month. Being a lover of rare and, or "oddball" cars, this issue is right up my alley. Great job!

That's why I never cared about any publishing delays. You get them eventually and more rapid fire if they're catching up.

Back