1963 Cadillac Ambulance Superior - $2000 (Claremore, OK)

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/4293981279.html

00e0e_6n40OvFYOrM_600x450.jpg

For sale is a 1963 Cadillac Superior Ambulance. This car is the high top model and is big!

This car would be a great project car for the Cadillac enthusiast, Ambulance/Hearse fan, or even a possible Ecto 1 donor vehicle for a Ghostbusters car.

Make no mistake, this car needs much TLC. I purchased this vehicle with the intention of refitting her, repairing her, and getting her road worthy as I love older vintage vehicles.

She has the Cadillac 390 big block engine, and the automatic transmission installed in her. In the nearly two years that I've had her, I've never ripped into her mechanics. What I do know, is that she's been retro fitted to run off of Propane. The regulators, valves, piping, is all in place in the vehicle to support a propane powered vehicle. Obviously this was the previous owners attempt to give her an alternative fuel. (my intent was to remove all this hardware, but it never happened)

At current time, THIS CAR DOES NOT RUN. Nor have I ever attempted to crank her over. However, we have used a breaker bar to carefully rotate the engine and she does not appear to be seized up at all. From what I can tell, her cylinders and oil appear to be spotless and very clean. She also has all of her valuable glass in tact, with the exception of the passenger side window, and the rear middle driver side back window. Her two rear doors are suicide style doors that open and close with ease. Her back door opens, latches, and shuts with no problems.

That's where the good ends.

She MUST have new floors installed. Much of her stock flooring is either gone, or rusting away. And although she has a lot of surface rust, her side pillars, and her X Frame are in great shape.

Her odometer shows 69656, but as stated previously, I know nothing about this car's running history, and cannot attest to that mileage on the vehicle.

I've had several mechanic friends and associates look this car over from top to bottom.....and they all agree on one thing.......(she's rough, but shows potential)

I must remind any and all buyers, that this car is NOT drivable at all at current time.

Buyer is responsible for picking up vehicle or arranging transport. And please be advised, this car is nearly 6500 lbs and 21 feet long, so please bring a transport or large trailer to take her home.

This car is definitely a part of automotive history and is a very rare vehicle. I've decided to sell her since I've already began on another ambulance and simply do not have the space for this one anymore.

She can be rolled on or off a car hauler and does have her title.

Any questions, please contact Mike.

Thank you.

The missing divider and jump seats may take some looking for. I do know were the side trim is new. One would want to look on the back side of the hood if it'rusted from the inside out it hard to find one.

It's really in tough shape. Too bad. Funny how this one and the other one in the Seattle area showed up around the same time.

That could not possibly be an Oklahoma car! I have never seen an Oklahoma car that was that rough. Looks to be a parts car at best..... and not a very good one at that!

Back