On The Road Again!

I guess we've driven about 175 miles, stopped for late lunch, and now we are about 30 - 45 miles from the wrecker. And my first shot at driving the bus. Wish me luck!!! And hope ALL that was wrong with the wrecker. I just brought up something to Danny. We need to name the wrecker. But it's not a wrecker, not a rollback or 'the truck' ....any suggestions?

How about Roseanne?...as in Roseanne Rosannadanna..."Its always something!"

Well, we drove to Metropolis IL about 2 hrs away to stay the night at Harrah's..... Got the room free for 2 nights, so no complaints here....and see if they can get Mater running in the morning....still not having to drive the bus.... If Mater is ready tomorrow I'll hang out at Harrah's until Danny can get back. *He can drive Saturn back to get wrecker, haul it back to where I am and then I'll take off in the bus! *This has been a wild ride and a lot of brain work.....lol.*Danny really thinks it will be a few days before they get it fixed.

From way truck had been acting prior to dying I didn't feel fuel filter was problem. I think either fuel pump, injector pump, or if there is anything electronic that makes either of these work is where problem lies. They got lucky and it started with them as it had me before and they thought they had fixed it.

Talked to garage just now and they have not looked at truck yet but did say if they could not figure it out they would tow to chevy dealership. Humm, might have been good idea to start with guys if you don't know how to fix it. Anyway, we are going home, not sitting in a hotel for several days possibly waiting on this and yes it is 600 miles to come back after it but can drive small car good on gas and haul back so not major costing trip. I am tired and ready to be home. On good point, LeeAnn and I have not killed each other yet and although we both have our moments things have been great overall. Less than 200 miles to Jeremy's to leave bus then 230 or so home in nice little 02 saturn with AIR. Yes, I never did put enough 134 in bus to get air working but was going to before LeeAnn drove it but she got out of that.

nothing like trial by fire to put the test to it. the true test is the next day after you get back when you call up and say want to do it again.

On the road again, can't wait to get home again.....well I'm an only child (but have been told by MANY I don't act like one). I know I have my moments. Danny is an only child and HE does act like one, most of the time. Yeah, we both are still alive....lol. It really has been a blast, though, getting to stop along the way and meet up with PCS people...We are about to head out to Shop Springs, probably about 3 hrs. I haven't told Danny we will hit Nashville rush hour. That can be a surprise. I guess someone was watching over me and I didn't have to drive the bus...I really was worried about it though. Just thought I'd share a pic of our last meal.... 2 FREE buffets at Harrah's!!

Attachments

• image-2329398641.jpg
    image-2329398641.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 89
Last stop in Lebanon, stopped at Sellar's Furneral Home's new location. Jason Ligon met us a visited awhile. Now to Jeremy'ss to leave the bus, get in my car and go home. Back to reality tomorrow: work, ugh!!!! I wish I had a fill time job delivering and picking up cars!!!

For my part thanks to the two of you for an enjoyable read..it has been a slice following you guys through the electronic print during this adventure,,again thank you.:smileflagcan:

Gee Whiz

Ok, my feelings are hurt. I live about a mile or so off I65, and uncle Danny and aunt LeeAnn passed by my exit twice on there trip, and with all the PCS members they stopped to see along the way, did they stop and see Josh? NO! And both of them have been to my house before, so they know exactly where I live. Gee and I would have even bought them lunch or supper, or even breakfast.:cry: And you wonder what happened to Mater? its called bad carma. :p

Josh

And we're off! About an hour drive home for me, around 3 hours for Danny. And I just had to drive the bus just to say I did. I drive it about 1/2 mile...I ended up putting 949 miles in the Saturn. Thanks for following our big adventure!!

Where's the clutch?!?

Bye for now!!

Attachments

• image-2693091368.jpg
    image-2693091368.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2719935272.jpg
    image-2719935272.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 115
Uh Josh. We were on 24 not 65. If we had been that close to you we would have stopped!! Mater is still in Illinois with all the corn, beans and silos!!

Danny and his firm Cherokee always amaze me with the seeming quality and scope of their offerings.

I'm sure they know what they're doing but seems like a lot of hassle for their stock.

Nothing but the best, If I were in a position I'd certainly keep current on their offerings.

HOME AT LAST, hope all enjoyed our week and half adventures and thanks for the kind words. Part two when I go 600 miles back after mater and by Jeremy's for the bus. It was a neat trip and seen places and things I never had so guess worth the long days.

Back