On The Road Again!

GREAT pictures of Niagara Falls LeeAnn !! Thank you for posting.....

And CONGRATULATIONS on your "win" !!

Did you two get a "Beef on a Weck" by any chance ?? while in the area ??

Jim

You are welcome. And thanks! No, not that I know of. What is it? lol

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A beef on weck sandwich is a variety of steak sandwich found primarily in Western New York. It is made with roast beef on a kummelweck roll.. The meat on the sandwich is traditionally served rare, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus. Accompaniments include horseradish, a dill pickle spear, and french fries...
The kummelweck roll gives the sandwich its name and a distinctive taste. A kummelweck (sometimes pronounced "kimmelweck" or "kümmelweck") is topped with kosher salt and caraway fruits. Kümmel is the German word for caraway, and weck means "roll" in the south-western German dialects of the Baden and Swabia areas (northern Germans generally say Brötchen). The sandwich has been introduced to new areas of the United States with population movement. In Austria a similar type of small white-bread is known as Kümmelweckerl (diminutive from Wecken, which refers to a whole big bread, i.e. Brotwecken).

"Accompaniments include horseradish, a dill pickle spear, and french fries…"
Just don't let LeeAnn buy the french fries if they come in a bag!:yum::yum:

Just left Le Roy NY with the bus. We are on our way to Buffalo airport to turn in my Camry. Then it's off to Pittsburg to get the Saturn. I'll be driving it to where the wrecker is and then off to Jeremy's, 300 miles in the bus. If the wrecker hadn't died I'd been driving the bus around 1,000. I'm gonna miss my Camry!!

Attachments

• image-2262549240.jpg
    image-2262549240.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 205
Sandwich sounds good...sorry I missed it!

They have the Beef on Weck right at the airport and also at a small franchise called "Charlie The Butcher......"charliethebutcher.com ..... ..near the Buffalo airport......there are several locations.........

Good luck and DRIVE SAFE !!!
Jim

If i had known you guys were stopping in niagara falls i would at least took you out to dinner.i should have known you would come through niagara .Youngstown is only 11 miles north.sorry i missed you.:biker:

Sorry paul,i hit the wrong button,and yes,roast beef on weck is one of the best things about western n.y.

We were only at airport a couple of minutes. Danny couldn't get bus in the rental car return area and I had to climb a mountain to get to bus. Got a mile away and realized I left my sun glasses in the car. This thing rides like being pulled in a metal bucket tied to the bumper. Oh, well might known my luck would change.....lol

Made it to Pittsburgh, picked up the Saturn. Air works! Radio works! I think Danny was upset I could drive a 5 speed and couldn't stick me in the bus and take the Saturn away from me. We are pulled over now. Danny thinks one of the brakes is sticking on the bus ... more later!

Attachments

• image-4274476551.jpg
    image-4274476551.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 239
....something wrong with one of the brakes on the bus. Sitting at NTB. Hope they can fix it today!! Danny hit the brake and it threw him up on a curb. Glad I wasn't driving!!

Safe to say singing "the wheels on the bus go round and round "would not be a good idea right now,go have an iced tea and a piece of pie,all will be well.

No I went down the street and got $20.00 worth of scratch off tickets. I won $7.00. Ha! The diagnosis: clips that holds brake pads was rusted and weren't releasing.... Not as bad as we thought it would be...still at NTB....waiting....that's the worse part. Ok, gonna go get my $7.00. Oh, and we are only around 20 miles from where we picked up the Saturn, not making much progress today...traffic has been horrible, I haven't been able to get the Saturn over 40-45 mph...

It was 12.00!

Last edited:
Just saw 3 Lincoln hearses, silver, looked brand new, on a car hauler near the PA/WV state line. That was a neat site to see. Wonder where they were coming from?

shagging cars is a roll with the flow kind of thing if your a type A personality you would go nuts. you keep spending Jeremies inheritance on those scratch and sniff tickets you'll never get home.

....something wrong with one of the brakes on the bus. Sitting at NTB. Hope they can fix it today!! Danny hit the brake and it threw him up on a curb. Glad I wasn't driving!!
You guys are getting a taste of what I drove for almost 20 years for the City. They're Rattle,Rattle all the time and over 100 temps...ferget about it.

Managed couple hundred miles today after all. Ended up in Colombus, Ohio. See what tomorrow brings us. Headed for Indianapolis, In. Been on road week today, ready for this to end, miss the cats and sure they miss me. WELL, if they are getting fed guess they don't care. With any luck be home by tuesday.

Back