Check out this color combo

Paul Cichon

PCS Member
This pair was recently traded in at Parks Superior. Great future collectibles!!

Attachments

• 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 589
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 602
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 598
When I first started working at the funeral home, the gentleman I bought it from traded for a holdover 1967 M&M Traditional combination that had never been titled so it was considered new eventhough it was 1969 when he bought it. It had less than 500 miles on it and was almost the same color combination as these cars only reversed. The bottom was a copper color and the top was beige vinyl. It was beautiful. It had vinyl instead of the crinkle top and no hole for a beacon ray. Instead it had a pair of spotlights with red bulbs that flashed alternately and a model 28 siren. Since he had another combination and a station wagon with beacon rays he never put one on and I never had trouble moving traffic with it. The only reason I could ever think that no one bought this car was that it did not have the flip tables in the rear. Instead it had the Ferno bolt down rollers that had to be taken out after each funeral. Other than that, it was the prettiest car this firm has ever had in the garage including the Masterpiece and Crown that I have now.

Thompson funeral home in detroit, michigan i believed used white/ blk on there vehicles including a eary 80's Superior flower car unsure of there choice of color now.

Last edited:
Reigle Funeral Home in Flint, MI used red cars.

I kinda like the red ones. It seems red is popular for some reason in the north. I have seen them come out of Minn. and North and South Dakota.
sorry dont know the funeral home names. And now MI.
I have a dozen or so red coaches pictures saved but here is two that Fleet Professional cars in Nebraska has/had for sale recently.
1996 Eagle Lincoln.jpg

1997 Lincoln.jpg

I like it

Green Funeral Home in Thief River Falls, MN once used a color combination like this and I thought it was very attractive. Again, something different...

(Karsnia photo)

Attachments

• zzz_presentation 002.jpg
    zzz_presentation 002.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 266
They're not just black, white, or silver

Red, you say?

1986 S&S Buick: Baker FH, Mayville, ND
1986 Eureka Pontiac: Stennes FH, East Grand Forks, MN (This is the same car that was recently on ebay, for sale by Baines PV, as I photographed it at Stennes FH in 1990.)
(Karsnia photos)

Attachments

• zzz_presentation 003.jpg
    zzz_presentation 003.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 208
  • zzz_presentation 004.jpg
    zzz_presentation 004.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 208
Red, you say?

1986 S&S Buick: Baker FH, Mayville, ND
1986 Eureka Pontiac: Stennes FH, East Grand Forks, MN (This is the same car that was recently on ebay, for sale by Baines PV, as I photographed it at Stennes FH in 1990.)
(Karsnia photos)

I didnt know that was the same Pontiac. The color must not have held up well.

Eureka Pontiac

I know this is hard to believe, but the "red" Eureka Pontiac from Stennes Funeral Home was pretty much the same in 2011 as it was in 1990, color-wise. That color was one of the most amazing I've ever seen, capable of changing shades very quickly depending on lighting. In 1990, after I photograhed it in the sun, it changed to burnt orange when they backed it into the garage. It could be brown, copper, burnt orange or red depending on lighting and angle.

I saw the car at Baines in 2011 on a day that the sun was just peeking through the clouds and I could see the copper changing to red. I suggested to John Baines that he photograph it on a sunny day, but he prefers cloudy day photography, so that's why you saw the car as the odd copper color.

Back