What is your color preference?

Josh Gentry

PCS Member
And now for my next poll question, what color do you prefer on a hearse? It seems like a lot of Funeral homes aspecialy in this part of the country are getting away from black, and going with white or silver. So what color do you prefer?

Josh

This was suppose to be a poll question with choises, but my phone rang, and I waited to long, and it wouldn't let me post it. Sorry. Anyway, my pick is black, with my next choise being light silver/blue, followed by dark gray.

Last edited:
What is your color preference

The firm I work for has two white coaches and one dark blue one. The dark blue one has only been used in one funeral this year. The blue one is used mostly as a second out first call car

I'd go for anything that WASN'T black, white or silver. There's too many cars those colors on the road already. They just blend in. I'm partial to green on vintage coaches, but on newer ones I really like the maroon color that Tomon's in Cleveland has and Redmon near Akron has. A deep navy can be nice too.

My preference

On a funeral coach, I would say im partial to a dark blue followed by a maroon/burgundy or something similar to the "DeWinter-Karsnia" Pink Champagne. On a limousine, I'd favor a dark blue, black, or dark gray. Anything but white! That being said, my 3 non pro car vehicles I own are all white!

From a business stand point I like black. I can easly insert a additional borrowed or rented matching car or flower van in the mix for a service.
Personal preference would be maroon.

It seems like 30 years ago firms were more into individual colors for their own identity... lately, many just go black with the comment, "It was getting hard to match our (blue, burgundy, gray, etc...) colors every time we bought a car..."
The firm I bought has always used charcoal gray - so while that is my favorite (I don't want everyone to use that...) I also really like black top/dark green body on a hearse... good question Josh

My favorite funeral fleet colors

1. Black over white (whitewalls required!)
2. This shade of blue (the color name varied between manufacturers)

Attachments

• Potts SS.jpg
    Potts SS.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Cimarron 66 SC.jpg
    Cimarron 66 SC.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 245
What is your color preference

When we switched from black over medium blue to white is was because we serve a large catholic base at our one location and they seemed to prefer the white coach. Our first one was similar to the one that Steve has posted as it was black over white 1975 Cadillac. I prefered that color combo over our all white ones. At one time every firm in our county seemed to have their own colors. One had dark green coaches and white ambulances. Now all of the firms seem to have dark blue,black or white.

I use to have white cars. A firm I purchased had dark blue. We switched to black. Several people have said they like black better. Black is the only color that is consistant. Different white cars are actually different colors. Cadillac didn't make a pure white car for a few years and that was one of the reasons we switched to black. (Also I think a polished black car still looks the best) Silver and grey fade over time. Blue also varies from year to year and from manufacture to manufacture. Black is black is black. I will say that our white cars appered to stay cleaner longer than the black.

I like the dark colors any shade of them. how ever there is no shade of dark white. but then there are also no white cars eather, they are all light blue, green, red or gray. sorry even the snow white is just light blue. you don't beleve me lay a piece of 98% white typing paper on it in the sunlight and see for you self.

I hate that shade of blue see the door on the superior has been redone. it's impossable to match the color. you do a calf blend on all of them

color choice

here in western n.y. (buffalo-niagara falls) We have a lot of basic black,which
is my favorite.followed by maroon,used by rhoney funeral home (the house that my family has done buisness with since 1943) to dark green,and a few light
blue and a few white hearses. I feel that as long as the coach is well
maintained,and looks professional,color does not matter:myopinion:

I personally love blue, any shade. I like seeing hearses in different colors other than black or white. I do like black hearses, but if it's mine, I prefer other colors. All the vehicles I have owned are blue or black.

My 65 M&M was Chicago Grey with crinkle top in Black. It was a sharp looking coach. The 64 Superior I now have was a med blue metallic with a white top. The firm I work for uses white on white on our Lincoln Superiors.

And now for my next poll question, what color do you prefer on a hearse? It seems like a lot of Funeral homes aspecialy in this part of the country are getting away from black, and going with white or silver. So what color do you prefer?

Josh

This was suppose to be a poll question with choises, but my phone rang, and I waited to long, and it wouldn't let me post it. Sorry. Anyway, my pick is black, with my next choise being light silver/blue, followed by dark gray.

Back