Hearse show in MI Saturday

we would like to pop over for it some time. it's just a hop skip and a jump east of us. a big hop, longer skip and major jump. but we would still like to go

Ah man, Terri and I will be in Michigan starting Monday and will have just missed out on this show. And you're right, Michigan is beautiful this time of year... we will enjoy.

The show was very well attended. 92 hearses in attendance !!!

The weather was hot and sunny. The crowd was huge !

A bunch of PCS members attended. This year Toronto PCS member Miguel, who is restoring a 48 Henney Packard, came with me.

My 73 Superior 3way lost the water pump on Hwy 69 about 15 miles east of Flint.

I had it towed to Brad Ross' place and ordered the parts.
It was Friday late afternoon so I didn't get the part until Saturday at 6pm so my car never made it to the meet but I had to rent a car Friday night so I was able to get to the show.

With Brad's tools I was able to get the job done in his driveway and make it back to Toronto to work Sunday.

It was a HELL of an event even with my mishap.

I recommend you attend at least once to see what you are missing if you have not been.

I can say I have been to HELL and Back at least 3 or 4 times now and have always had a fun time.

I was a pleasure having lunch with Brady who had his '59 there. The ice cream was really good on a hot fall Saturday afternoon.
His car was the nicest there so I hope he won Best of Show.

I had to leave just before 4pm to help another guy from Toronto get a new high pressure line for his 75 Superior as he had it burst on his way into the show. That made me miss the last couple hours of the event but it got him and his family back on the road.

I look forward to the 3rd Saturday in September 2018 for the 17th annual Hearse Festival in HELL MI.

I missed not seeing a couple of PCS friends like Rich Koski or Tom Hoczyk this year but hope they both make it next year.

Sure was great seeing Rocky, Jamie and Dwayne as none of us made the meet in August. Sorry if I missed anyone else.

Ed, Richard, you both would have a fantastic time if you were able to get there. 2018 may be the year to plan to go.

Great time was had by all,
Darren

:thumbsup:

Sorry we missed it

Darren, It sounds like it was a great time as usual. Almost enough hearses to get the record back. I wish you would have called as we have a brand new water pump here in the box. Keep us in mind if you are traveling in the Michigan area. We might have the part or know someone that might. My brother got the 60 Superior running last week. Hopefully before long we can have it road worthy and get it to Hell next year. Glad that several PCS members were able to attend. It's not everyone's cup of tea but there are a lot of nice cars and people each year. There is a group putting together a cruise in northern lower Michigan that is going to attempt the world record in the spring. Hopefully many or all that attended this past weekend can make it up to help them out. Both events seem to grow each year. North in the spring and south in the fall.

will I can say I have been to Hell and back but it did not involve a pro car. I enjoy and have no trouble being a participant in a fun event. I just can't do the Halloween 24-7 -365. but it's about a 17 hr drive for me. but I'm thinking about it.

So, what percentage of the hearses there are "as originally built/stock", and what percentage are "gothed-out"? They have had a small hearse show and swap meet here in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area for 3 years now. I attended the first year(and got "Best Of Show" with a '96 Masterpiece, which is sad), skipped the second year all together, and just stopped by briefly for the swap meet this year(but mainly just to sell Darlene Daniels a case of embalming fluid bottles).

I just don't, personally, enjoy/appreciate the goth stuff at all. It actually really saddens me to see, what were nice coaches, screwed up. I would love to see the stock coaches, but I wouldn't enjoy it if it were 80% "gothed-out" coaches from the '80s and later.

I don't know the percentages but I will try to figure it out looking through photos.

I won best of show with my 1960 MM Futura.

I can't post photos on this site but there are usually some amazing cars worth seeing.

Some of the cars with extreme modifications or decorations are not my thing either but you would be surprised how many nice people there are at these meets.

You can't always judge a book by it cover... or black clothes in most cases.

Either way, they sure have a passion for the cars.

Darren

I don't know the percentages but I will try to figure it out looking through photos.

I won best of show with my 1960 MM Futura.

I can't post photos on this site but there are usually some amazing cars worth seeing.

Some of the cars with extreme modifications or decorations are not my thing either but you would be surprised how many nice people there are at these meets.

You can't always judge a book by it cover... or black clothes in most cases.

Either way, they sure have a passion for the cars.

Darren

Why not? You should be able to, but if not, then there is a problem at your end. Many website member routinely post pictures, and they are both Site Supporters and non site supporters have taken advantage of the free picture hosting since August 2016.
The Website Administration Committee thank all of our Site Supporters for their generous contributions that allow us to purchase additional bandwidth to extend picture posting privileges to all website members.

Here are some photos from Hell:

Despite what they look like, they are very nice folks. The always treat me like a rock-star. I am as much a purist as there has ever been and the ghoulish stuff doesn't appeal to me, but most of these cars could be un-ghouled in about five minutes!

Well, it won't let me display photos either. It says I am missing a security token.

Last edited:
I will try ;this again.....

Photos from Hell.

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 116
a few more...

Most of the cars have nothing more radical than modern wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 116
Final few...

Anyone who hasn't visited this event should put it on their calendar. Besides, you get a free lunch if you take your coach.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 114
Fun is fun. Nothing more fun than a good job of mulage. And a planned event with a little dress up is a fun time. Me I tend to stock cars also but I can appreciate a will built anything. To me rubber spiders and string webs and no difference then dead flies and wasps in the windows. The event would be better if done in October but being able to have it constantly were it is says mid September is safer. I just wish I was closer so that rather then just drop in I could participate.

That last picture is one of the most remarkable one I have see in a long time no ink or fish hooks. There is hope

Well, it won't let me display photos either. It says I am missing a security token.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error. Most times that you receive this message, it is because the pictures are too large, and the website is unable to resize them.

I read that Paul… And you were right dad.

I read that Paul… And you were right dad.

Paul I did the same thing that I eventually got to work! I don't know what was going on but it seems to have corrected itself. Or I have done the right thing this time when I screwed up before LOL. And, I don't know who that young girl was but the reason I took her picture was exactly what you said! No Ink and no fish hooks. She was also very polite and friendly. It works for me

Back