Miller Meteor

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
Getting ready for all the summer fun, especially the M-M Reunion. I received some script Miller Meteor tags for the car when it was noticed I had none. Where is the correct location on the rear quarters to place these on a 76 Cadillac Duplex?

the only one I have that has one-is rear quarter even spaced from the tail light and the top molding. looks to be about one inch away from the top and 2 or 3 from the taillight. here is a picture. the one 75 I have that has one is in the same place. most of the cars have it off. don't know if it was a option or they fell off a lot. double edge tape will hold it on.

Attachments

• 1976 MM combo 1.jpg
    1976 MM combo 1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 232
1976 M-M nameplate

Ed's photo shows the correct location for the 1976 Miller-Meteor script plate, which should be mounted on the upper rear portion of the tailfins. However, be sure you have the chrome rectangular plates that have "Miller-Meteor" embossed in them, along with the "Wayne" logo. If you have just the Miller-Meteor script, that's not correct for the 1976 model. That came later...

I went to the Goodguys Hotrod Nationals last weekend in Indianapolis & saw 3 old "Wayne" emblems in the swap meet... didn't know if they were for a coach or a school bus so I didn't attempt to buy them, but they were old. Hindsight is 20/20 sorry guys...

Tony is correct........

And if you need the rectangular ones I think I have them, and I could use the Script plates on my '77.

Back