just cover it

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
will it's time to get the cars off the grass. so we charged up the battery in the 86 and got the 75 off the trailer and moved then to a harder spot.

seeing the latest round of spring cars for sale still brings up the just cover it debate. this 86 has been sitting in this same spot for the last 6 months. in fact I have one been able to move it inside one winter in all the time I have had the car. we wore out one car cover for it and just use it to cover up the new cover. but when we broke it out of it's cocoon this spring it looks as good as ever. no damage to it inside or out. now if you have a car that needs painted a 10 buck wall-mart fema roof will do the job. why loose a good interior to the gods when so little is needed to protect it. I just can't figure that out

Attachments

• IMG_6384.jpg
    IMG_6384.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_6388.jpg
    IMG_6388.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_6389.jpg
    IMG_6389.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 251
Around here, it isn't the elements, it is the mice. They get into the car, and chew on everything. At least in the garage, you can put out mouse traps, and keep the population down.
I didn't drive the 1963 Chrysler once Nick paid for it, so it sat for a few months till he had transportation arranged. When he got it, the mice that inhabited the car needed to be fed once they arrived in Texas. Nick said that one died of starvation on the trip, and it took a while to find it. I suggested that he just follow the smell!

Around here, it isn't the elements, it is the mice. They get into the car, and chew on everything. At least in the garage, you can put out mouse traps, and keep the population down.
I didn't drive the 1963 Chrysler once Nick paid for it, so it sat for a few months till he had transportation arranged. When he got it, the mice that inhabited the car needed to be fed once they arrived in Texas. Nick said that one died of starvation on the trip, and it took a while to find it. I suggested that he just follow the smell!

Don't get me started on mice in pro-cars. I still believe every mouse in the State of Ohio lived in my Lifeliner.... :(

Something about ambulances and combos. Mice love them. But by covering you loose the freeze and thaw damage and the green house effect. I don't recommend putting a cat in there they get mad. I did have one living in the 53 one winter but it could get in and out threw the floor. It wasn't near as messy as the bird.

Back