1983 Cadillac Hearse

I have never seen a coach built with a panel between the doors. Does anyone recognize the conversion company?

Thanks, Kieth. I knew that Collins made 6 doors (in Kansas?) but did not know they built coaches. A funeral home in Waco had a late 1980's 6 door Collins and I remember it had blue drapes on the rear window but did not seem very well built.

If you think that's an odd ball, you should have seen some of the 1986 Collins front wheel drive hearses. they were absolutely awful - in design and construction. They showed a 1985-1986 FWD Buick coach that was a center stretch - like the white Cadillac seen for sale here - and it was an unmitigated abortion...to say the least. I don't know if they ever built more than the one..it was that bad. They did things on the cheap...big time.

Yes, but who is looking to buy a used HT4100 these days other than scrap buyers?? I think that one is destined for the haunted house circuit!

If you think that's an odd ball, you should have seen some of the 1986 Collins front wheel drive hearses. they were absolutely awful - in design and construction. They showed a 1985-1986 FWD Buick coach that was a center stretch - like the white Cadillac seen for sale here - and it was an unmitigated abortion...to say the least. I don't know if they ever built more than the one..it was that bad. They did things on the cheap...big time.

Hey now. I like their center stretch model (Savoy) the best, and would love to have one of those FWD M-M/Collins Buick Savoys. And yes, they did build more than one of those, but not many, which makes me like it even more.

Back