Lost interior trim '1949 cad ambulance"

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
I have a 1949 cad ambulance and it is missing a couple of the aluminum trim parts that is just along the glass inside. It is a S&S Knickerbocker coach. They look like a generic coach trim that was cut and formed where needed. Does anyone reproduce that trim, or anyone have any pieces? im missing the left rear quarter trim. Any help would be of great help.

boy when looking for this kind of thing a picture really helps. but then if it's missing how you going to take a picture. was it a flat piece of cast one.

trim piece

the interior trim i about 1 1/2 inches approx wide with a slight radius, all aluminum, it is the same style around all the inside side window openings. It is just cut to length and bent where needed. sorry no pictures i will try to see if i can get one if needed of the other side.

As a owner of a 49 S&S Knickerbocker also, I too would love to see pics of this car. There is not many of these rare cars still around, I am trying to document each one. By any chance would this one be white, with a red stripe just below the windows?

1949 Cad

:)john you know the car. It is the car, i had it lettered and striped up to go with my car club. I just took pictures of the car this weekend, i will try to post pictures of it. I will be honest im not great with the computer, so i will try to get it figured out. and get some out for you guys to see. I would like to also see some interior pics, because mine has been gutted and the front seat has been slid back and buckets and a richmond 5 speed has been added to the floor up front. mine i think has been a ambulance all it life from what i can tell. how about yours? I would also love to see pictures of yours. I have been looking, and the only ones i have seen is the pictures in the professional cars book. Any pictures or info from anyone would be great. thanks Rocky

Mine is a combo. Yours is a straight ambulance. S&S called it the Londonerry. So far I only know of 6 of the whole 49 S&S line to still be around (Im sure there is more, just havend found them yet), this included mine, and yours. Only three of these are on the road, counting ours if yours is running.
I thought about buying the one you have a couple years ago, but just couldnt do it. If the S&S data plate is still there, (under hood, passenger side, in front of radiator) email me or PM me with all the info on it, and I will see what I can find out. I will email you a couple pics of mine when I have more time.

If the pieces are missing on only one side, then you can have a mirror image made of the other side out of wood. Then you take that wood carving to someone that can do sand casting with aluminum to make the missing piece. It isn't impossible, but it will take some creativity on your part to get this done. I have had small pieces casted in the past and have been very happy with the results. If both are missing, then you are left to your imagination to come up with something that will work.

here is a shot of John's car. I took them on our way home from Flint last summer. we have a nice lunch and visit with them on our return trip home. pay no attention to the storage box in the car. we never unloaded it before the pictures and when you got one of them things the car is the best place to keep it. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 134
pictures of john car

thanks for those pictures, VERY NICE CAR!!! It was very intresting to see the interior pic i can see the curtin rods i just won some brackets last night on ebay and i plan to do some fabbing to put them in my car. I just added a spot light back on it, this weekend. just jumped on the site during my lunch so i have to go thanks again. Rocky

Ed, thanks for posting pics.
Rocky, my car has curtain rods, and brackets for the pull down shades. Since yours is an ambulance (need data plate info to confirm) you may just have the pull down shades.
As for the box in the back, I usually run this car in ambulance mode, with the quarter window grilles and gurney but we went to a cruise and decided to run it as a hearse.

here is a shot of John's car. I took them on our way home from Flint last summer. we have a nice lunch and visit with them on our return trip home. pay no attention to the storage box in the car. we never unloaded it before the pictures and when you got one of them things the car is the best place to keep it. ;)

Very nice car there...

Back