'55 Superior Coupe de Fleur

Belongs to a close multi-hearse owning buddy in NC. He's upgraded a few cars in the collection and is willing to let those recently replaced go as indoor space is at a premium. I'll place interested parties directly in contact. Those considering haggling/lowballing offer don't get his info as he simply isn't the type to move much if any. Email (not PM) for it as permission was not granted to post publicly.

Major project that will take serious love. Few '54-'56 were made and even less remain - sooo0oO worth the effort to save. I viewed this through the eyes of buying for myself. This is what I came up with:

-Both front fenders have lower rot. Hood is also damaged. Interchangeable front clip from a sedan would be cheaper than fixing what is here.

-Rockers need fabricated.

-Front floors need replaced.

-Broken back glass is same as Coupe de Ville, not Superior specific. (In fact, he's including one from a parts car.)

-Although stainless deck is not complete, the difficult to fabricate pieces with compound curves and cast pieces are all present. Flat pieces of stainless and supports/bracing may be copied from patterns taken from owner's other Superior flower car IF a return to stock is desired. I've included a picture of the other at the bottom, separated to avoid confusion.

Other than sheer rarity, another saving grace is having a scant 18k miles. That's it! Not 118k. It was barely used. No title, provided with Bill of Sale. $3900.

dsc04476n.jpg

dsc04471x.jpg

dsc04470t.jpg

dsc04469v.jpg

dsc04472q.jpg

dsc04474v.jpg

dsc04475d.jpg

Must relay my internal struggle posting this. One of *maybe* two coaches remaining on my wish list! C-cab Superior flower cars are exceedingly rare. There was another in similar shape that sold out of CO many years ago with an asking price more than twice as high. If I didn't have a current project y'all would never have even known about this '55... Consider it a holiday gift. Ha.

Here is a shot of the owner's other C-cab for use as stainless patterns:

dsc04262kk.jpg

$3900 may seem like (as many like to overuse the phrase) "an interesting price" yet one in very similar need-everything missing stainless condition sold for over twice this amount out of CO 5-6 years ago, so those opinions are relative.

Owner tentatively has buyer on both '51 S&S flower car and this '55 Superior flower car. Payment hasn't been seen yet. If payment does not arrive by the Procar Graveyard Open House on the 7th, both will available then at event.

Back