1960 Superior Hightop Ambulance

Tom Hoczyk

PCS Past President
1960 ambulance. Don't ask me where it is. I won't tell you.

Attachments

• 60_Sup_Amb_001.jpg
    60_Sup_Amb_001.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 611
The question is more "when is it?"... is the picture is recent?

I see another pro car in front! Those cars seems to be brand new, a private collection? Restored or kinda time bubble?

ok wont tell , understand buuut! maybe more pics where i can maybe figure it out and show begging and throw my checkbook in the door and just wait outside until they maybe get weak and say ok! just kidding, {maybe} beautiful car!!!

I toured this guy's private collection back in the early '90's. It was very impressive, and the '60 Superior was beautiful. He also had a handful of NOS Superior bullet light lenses.

I often wondered what happened to this collection, as he was getting up in years back then.

Terry

I know a car collector here in NJ who has a 1960 red Superior just like this one, but nowhere near as nice. She sure is a beauty!

You say don't ask where it is you won't tell,reminds me of the story of the little old german gentleman who ran the clock shop,working on a cuckoo clock that would only tick,sternly he looked at it and said "we have ways to make you tock":rofl:

First, I'm going under the assumption that the photo that Tom posted is from the same collection that I viewed 20 something years ago. I guess it is possible that there are two Cadillac collectors out there who both happen to have a red '60 Superior HH Cadillac.

I've killed a lot of brain cells over the past 20 years, but my recollection is that this Caddy, as well as the rest of his impressive collection were original cars, rather than restored. I seem to remember that he had a black '64 Superior funeral coach in addition to the ambulance, but I was much more into ambulances at the time, so didn't pay a lot of attention to it. One thing that did stick in my mind was that the ambulance had a small mechanical siren on the lower part of the roof (possibly a C-5-G or a 77G), which seemed a little underwhelming compared with the presence of the rest of the car. A "Q" or a lighted siren would have matched this car better.

The rest of the surroundings look familiar, except I don't remember all that stuff hanging down from the ceiling, so I suspect Tom's photo was taken more recently than when I had my tour.

Terry

First, I'm going under the assumption that the photo that Tom posted is from the same collection that I viewed 20 something years ago. I guess it is possible that there are two Cadillac collectors out there who both happen to have a red '60 Superior HH Cadillac.

I've killed a lot of brain cells over the past 20 years, but my recollection is that this Caddy, as well as the rest of his impressive collection were original cars, rather than restored. I seem to remember that he had a black '64 Superior funeral coach in addition to the ambulance, but I was much more into ambulances at the time, so didn't pay a lot of attention to it. One thing that did stick in my mind was that the ambulance had a small mechanical siren on the lower part of the roof (possibly a C-5-G or a 77G), which seemed a little underwhelming compared with the presence of the rest of the car. A "Q" or a lighted siren would have matched this car better.

The rest of the surroundings look familiar, except I don't remember all that stuff hanging down from the ceiling, so I suspect Tom's photo was taken more recently than when I had my tour.

Terry

Thanks Terry, great post. I enlarged the photo to look into the back of the ambulance better, and I noticed the cot is even made up. Looks like she's ready to go onto the next run!

Abe

Richard

You made me go back and look again... I thought I may have missed something/someone !

No, just the car in this case !

:thumbsup:

Darren

Back