Film Opportunity in Michigan

Tony Karsnia - Deceased - 1971-2020

September 12, 1971 - November 2, 2020
I received this email late last evening and wanted to pass it along just in case anyone may be available and interested to assist. Please contact Bob directly.

We are shooting a funeral scene this Saturday in the Pontiac area. Looking for limos and hearses from around 1980. Should be black. My cell is 631.834. 9141. Please let me know if you have any members who might be
interested in working on the film
Thanks,
Bob Griffon

Ready for the Camera

There are at least two PCS cars in this film already. I was contacted last Friday by a gentleman who said he got my information from the PCS. I was also contacted on Monday by another agent and neither were Bob. I made a deal on Monday. My cars will be picked up by trailer from my house this Friday for filming on Saturday. It took a while to get them out today since they were already put away for winter.

There are at least two PCS cars in this film already. I was contacted last Friday by a gentleman who said he got my information from the PCS. I was also contacted on Monday by another agent and neither were Bob. I made a deal on Monday. My cars will be picked up by trailer from my house this Friday for filming on Saturday. It took a while to get them out today since they were already put away for winter.

BEAUTIFUL SET! If you haven't worked on movie sets before..... BE SURE that they DON'T use their typical "dulling spray" to take away the mirror finish shine that reflects in the cameras. MM

Great to see a trailer that doesn't have a second level !

Oil drips, dirt, rocks and other leaks make a mess real fast.

I prey for no issues for you brother !

I have rented a dozen times with a couple issues. I won't rent unless I drive and am with the cars.

Another point... 300.00 a day is average for car rentals.

Hearses, limos, ambulances are not regular cars and you should be getting 500.00 a day for them. Specialized and unique cars should get a premium.

They sure look great !

The money is always nice too as they are not cheap to own, insure, drive, maintain, store and repair.

A copy of the movie afterwards would be a nice bonus but they aren't so nice after they have used them and don't care much about going that extra step. Too bad.

I was going to rent one of my '62s to a TV show for many episodes.
They wanted to spray it so it looked old and rusty.
THOSE WERE THE LAST WORDS SPOKEN with a NO THANKS finishing that off.

Tell us where we can see the movie when you find out.

Darren

Safely Home

The cars were returned safe and sound, as far as I know. I will know for sure after I wash them.

Darren, IMDb shows Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will be released March 25, 2016.

The way he has the wheels strapped looks like it pulling the wheels out.
I have that track on my trailer and my strappes pull down on the tires/wheels.
Maybe its just the way it looks in the picture?:)

Better than the offer I declined for my 67 Pontiac 2+2. They were very evasive on questions regarding how my car was to be used, how long it would be used, security measures while in their care, their liability insurance and responsibility if damaged while in their care. They were slow to answer emails and the one phone number I was given was never answered.

This was a production with one or two name actors/actresses but that did not sway me. And the car casting call was put out over one of the Detroit TV stations which tended to add to the legitimacy of it.

The only "reward" was a copy of the movie.......

Joe, good thing you passed. As I always tell people, they should be up front with you on arrangements and should be more-than-willing to provide a Certificate of Insurance. Reputable movie production companies will be able to provide all that information for you. If they won't, then they probably won't take care of your car.

And they should pay you. A $10 DVD ain't payment for work. I once had a person call, and she told me, "Do we have to pay you? You'll be on national television!" I told her I didn't wake up wanting to be on national television, I will come to work and be paid, and I was ready to hang up on her. She backed down and agreed with me.

A movie star doesn't make it a reputable production. They get roped into these things too sometimes.

Don't know how I missed this the first time, but what a cool opportunity. I am a HUGE Batman fan and I'm planning on seeing the movie for my birthday- I will keep an eye out for your cars. I'm guessing from the year range on them, that they'll be used for the funerals of Thomas and Martha Wayne?

Back