Gold Cross Ambulance. Buffalo NY (early 70's)

Denny Shira - Deceased - 1951 - 2020

June 5, 1951 - January 29, 2020
I had forgotten this postcard until i started going through boxes of pictures. Joe Vanvolkenburg got his start in the ambulance business with Gold Cross.

LtoR 68 MM 48", 68 Pontiac Superior 48", 68 MM 48", 68 Chevrolet National, and 65 Buick Flexible. What a fantastic shot!:thumbsup:
Sorry,you postcard collectors,this is my only copy.(blown up to show the cars better)

Attachments

• Scan.jpg  Gold Cross Ambulance. Buffalo,NY (Late 1970's).jpg
    Scan.jpg Gold Cross Ambulance. Buffalo,NY (Late 1970's).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 981
We put together what we could, most cars coming from Volunteer companies. Gold Cross was just starting out then. we did the same for many years, until we realized it was better to buy brand new.

the old gas station makes a decent building to start out in . love these pictures. but one suggestion is to crop them on the scanner so all you scan is the picture. the take up a lot less room on your hard drive that way.

like that paint scheme. it transfers from one car to the next easily and looks as good on any of them

I had forgotten this postcard until i started going through boxes of pictures. Joe Vanvolkenburg got his start in the ambulance business with Gold Cross.

LtoR 68 MM 48", 68 Pontiac Superior 48", 68 MM 48", 68 Chevrolet National, and 65 Buick Flexible. What a fantastic shot!:thumbsup:
Sorry,you postcard collectors,this is my only copy.(blown up to show the cars better)

I'll have to admit that the two Nationals are giving me just a little buzz! The Ful-Vues on the Chevy are interesting, but the Twinsonic on the Buick has to go.

Back