Canton Ohio Classic Car Museum

Recently visited the Canton Classic Car Museum in Canton, OH. They have a 1937 Packard hearse and a matching 1937 Packard flower car. They say the cars were bought new by a funeral home in Vermillion, OH. in 1937 and have been parked side by side their whole lives. It's a nice museum with lots of cars and trucks, great photos, an unrestored fire truck, lots of good stuff and I think it cost us around $7 each to get in. Just an FYI if you're ever in the area. I grew up in Akron and had no idea the museum even existed, let alone the quality of what they have.

Equally impressive is that the '37 A J Miller carved coach is powered by a V12. If memory functions properly, the pair was donated to museum by a Belden member, a prominent local family. I first visited those coaches when Bob Lichty was serving as museum curator in '94.

In the mid-'90s the Canton Classic Car Museum had a two story warehouse diagonally across the street where additional vehicle donations were stored. I distinctly recall another hearse and an S&S flower car on second level there. (Somewhere I have 35mm prints of them.) John Ehmer also visited this property during the same period.

Canton

What about Canton PDs Flying Squad? Now that is something. Ohio Chapter has had a meet there before. Across the street under the Hilton is another nice dispaly.

Back