52 out and on the road

Tim Prieur

PCS Member
Last Fall I posted the passing of keys of Tim F 52 Pontiac. Beautifully maintained over the years by all of its PCS owners I took the opportunity of the winter months to add my bit.
All mechanicals went though and made right, original linoleum floor stripped and resurfaced, interior blemishes gone over and painted/buffed, original stretcher taken apart and brought back to new, and exterior paint all wet sanded and polished. She drives wonderfully. She will make an appearance publically likely during national EMS week.
Starrs in Calgary ran an all white 1950 Pontiac, have not been able to determine builder. I have pictures of the door markings and they are in the process of being added.

PS: If anyone could give me a lead on a good quality period correct oxygen mask it would be much appreciated +++.

Attachments

• 002 (600 x 400).jpg
    002 (600 x 400).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 647
  • 005 (600 x 400).jpg
    005 (600 x 400).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 561
  • 008 (600 x 400).jpg
    008 (600 x 400).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 552
  • 010 (600 x 400).jpg
    010 (600 x 400).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 627
  • 013 (600 x 400).jpg
    013 (600 x 400).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 544
Looking great!

Thanks so much for sharing this prideful update, Tim, and the wonderful images. That ambulance is indeed a magnificent vehicle... and obviously remains in appreciative and caring hands!

I have always admired this particular vehicle. What you have done to it and it's upkeep are most impressive. One day I hope to see it in person. Thanks for the great pics!!

Thanks for all of the warm comments. It is great to be part of an organization dedicated to making these vehicles live on for future generations to see and hopefully enjoy.:thumbsup:

Herb, nothing fancy yet. We cleaned it up, but the block needs painting and I received two different messages on correct colour for the straight eight. I am now 98% sure it is a medium green and available, but have put that work on hold so it can be driven this summer.
Repainted the rear heater box tonight. Slow and steady.

Last edited:
Spray it heavily with a stiff mixture of dawn dish soap and water. Let it sit and work, then power wash it off . You can get the correct paint here http://www.hirschauto.com/AEROSOL-ENGINE-ENAMEL/productinfo/EEA-SPRAY/PON BLU GN/

If you use a quart and a foam brush for the block take you about a afternoon to paint it. Not as good as taking off all the accessories and detailing every part, but for the summer will clean up a lot. The nice part about the Bills paint is it takes so little to do it you'll still have enough to paint the engine will when you have the time to tear it down.

Much appreciated Ed. I am going to order it tonight. While there are lots of little things to enjoy working on this is the one bigger project that I would like to finish.

Back