Tpc # 159

Tom just spoke with Allan Abbott and was told that in 1962, they bought three matching Eureka three-way landaulets. He also told Tom, that to the best of his recollection, none of these were exported and he thinks that one went down around Girdner (where-ever that is). So...gentlemen, there you have it direct from the horse's mouth so to speak.
So there's a 33% chance that it's her car. Did Abbott and Hast keep any records of their cars? Something that might show the vin of the car along with the plate number seen in all the known footage? We're there any other pictures of the funeral that may have shown the vehicle number in the front windshield?

So there's a 33% chance that it's her car. Did Abbott and Hast keep any records of their cars? Something that might show the vin of the car along with the plate number seen in all the known footage? We're there any other pictures of the funeral that may have shown the vehicle number in the front windshield?

Dieter, I seem to remember Ron Hast saying they had six matching Eureka 3-Way Landau coaches in '62, but my recollection may be wrong and Allan Abbott would certainly know better than I. Regardless of the number, I do not believe Abbott & Hast kept any record of which car from the fleet was used for Monroe's service.

I'll echo the sentiments of others in that TPC #159 is another fine effort from the team! While I greatly respect Tom McPherson as an author, the use of the term "Landaulet" throughout the Eureka article struck me as incorrect... Certainly from an automotive terminology definition, but more so due to the fact that Eureka never referred to their Landaus as "Landaulets", at least to the best of my knowledge. Nonetheless, a very well written an enjoyable article!

Dieter, I seem to remember Ron Hast saying they had six matching Eureka 3-Way Landau coaches in '62, but my recollection may be wrong and Allan Abbott would certainly know better than I. Regardless of the number, I do not believe Abbott & Hast kept any record of which car from the fleet was used for Monroe's service.

I'll echo the sentiments of others in that TPC #159 is another fine effort from the team! While I greatly respect Tom McPherson as an author, the use of the term "Landaulet" throughout the Eureka article struck me as incorrect... Certainly from an automotive terminology definition, but more so due to the fact that Eureka never referred to their Landaus as "Landaulets", at least to the best of my knowledge. Nonetheless, a very well written an enjoyable article!

It wouldn't take a record of which car was used to prove anything. There are pictures of the funeral that show the license plate. An old registration card with the plate and vin would be sufficient.

Tom just spoke with Allan Abbott and was told that in 1962, they bought three matching Eureka three-way landaulets. He also told Tom, that to the best of his recollection, none of these were exported and he thinks that one went down around Girdner (where-ever that is). So...gentlemen, there you have it direct from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Ron Hast told me that he kept that car that was used on that funeral for many years because it was Marilyn Monroe's late ride . In the late 70's or early 80's ( he couldn't remember) they were exporting a group of cars to the Philippines. They were one car short. He said he didn't know why but he sent that car. Ron said it was just collecting dust. He said he didn't get very much for it maybe $1000 or $1100 he didn't remember. He went on to tell me he still had the limousine that matched it. I can't speak to what Mr. Abbott has to say about the car; I'm just repeating what Ron Hast told me when I asked him about it a number of years ago. He seemed eager to talk about it.

Yes, there is a comprehensive index of all past editions of TPC on the new web site. This includes each issue's cover and the first page lusting the contents. To access this, click on the "about us" box at the top of this page, then go to the new web site's home page and search for the TPC Index therein. You should find everything you want to know regarding the content of past issues there.

I see this list only goes to 1996, BUT there has been a full list of every issue available for quite some time that shows the cover and contents of every issue since #1. All I had to do was email Matt Taylor, who is in charge of the store to get the complete PDF file.

My TPC 159 arrived today! Although I have only glanced at it, the magazine is fabulous! The articles and photographs are very enticing. It looks like hours of enjoyable reading.

I wish to commend Tony Karsnia on his "in depth" President's Message that he has been including in each issue of TPC. Well done Tony!

There is also the usual praise for the TPC committee who does a fabulous job every time.

Lastly, we should also thank Jeff Hookway for all of his duties, such as; Membership, Treasurer and making sure that The Professional Car arrives in our mailbox in a timely manner.

Without the cooperation, dedication and hard work of everyone involved, The PCS would not be the organization it is today. So, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all of you!

Back