Superior Skyview Limo

Here's info on a '59 Superior Skyview limo that recently sold at auction. The article speaks for itself.....it has to because I know nothing else about it.

Attachments

• Skyview.jpg
    Skyview.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 235
superior under cut H&E on the bid on the 59 set. then they tried to contract with H&E to build them. they were told no thanks. they were the poorest set ever to service the hotel and vary few of them lasted threw the superior rust out problem. I would guess they has that much in restoring this one if it's the one that went on e-bay a few years ago. if I remember right there were only 5 built of each set

The auction that 59 was in was about a mile or two down the road from the Kruse/R&M Auburn auction. Guess I should have stopped in! They have been doing it for at least a few years now, it goes on the same weekend as the Kruse/R&M auction. Looks like they have a pretty high caliber of cars that show up there. I'll have to make time next year to stop in for a day.

??

Todd, I too saw that other auction just south of Kruse but did not stop in either. Do you know anything else about it?? I don't think I have ever seen it before and I have been going to Kruse auctions for many years. How many years has it been held, do you know??

Todd, I too saw that other auction just south of Kruse but did not stop in either. Do you know anything else about it?? I don't think I have ever seen it before and I have been going to Kruse auctions for many years. How many years has it been held, do you know??

http://www.wwgauctions.com/auctions/auburn2010.cfm

The company has only been around for 5 years, but was formed by one of the members of the Kruse family and another gentleman with an auction background. One rumor would have you believe that they have made their presence more known in the past few years to capitalize on either the popularity of, or the strife surrounding, the Kruse Auburn auction.

Back