registrations renewal

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
I got my registration renewal notice letter for the 67 the mail today. Total cost. $129 for the year. I was thinking of geting some vanity plates, but those ate an extra $160 for the plates alone. Maybe next year.

Attached is a set of plates that I got last summer for $20 at a swap meet. They will go on the 69 when I have it in car shows sometimes in the distant future.

picture.php

Those 1969 plates

Are those going to be "the" plates on the car? Good deal if you can. Here in Florida we have to mail the plates to the state DHSMV and they physically inspect them and certify them for use. They can't be repainted at that point....so usually when we get them back, we paint them then if needed...but the expiration sticker gets put on it when it gets certified.
Here antique fire trucks get an antique plate that never expires...so you pay for the first year and then it's free from then on...no expiration sticker is put on the plate. Too bad this doesn't apply to ambulances. It does however include antique military vehicles. I think putting the old plates on the car is the icing on the cake. Enjoy!
Kevin

These will be the car show plates. We have to have current plates that receive a new sticker every year.

We do have the option of having antique plates, but I find that there are too many restrictions attached to them.

The only permenant plates that we have in NB are on PCs, federal and provincial vehicles.

These will be the car show plates. We have to have current plates that receive a new sticker every year.

We do have the option of having antique plates, but I find that there are too many restrictions attached to them.

The only permenant plates that we have in NB are on PCs, federal and provincial vehicles.

I was just reading the new Hagerty magazine and they have a special Canadian section in it about special licence plates.

In New Brunswick the vehicle has to be 25 years or older and it has a limited use of car shows, parade's car club events....stuff like that. $18.00 per year.

In Ontario its the same but the car has to be 30 years or older

I have Historic plates on my old Mini Cooper "S" I had personalist plates on it before and was costing me $75 per year, and I only drive the car to car shows and cruise night anyways so I got Historic plates this year $ 18.00 per year ..... I still drive the car any day of the week because there is a cruise night or car show somewhere in my area every day of the week, so if something happens... I just tell them ( the Insurance Co ) that I was going to a car show ,,,,no problem and its a lot cheaper.

:smileflagcan:

In NC we can display tags denoting the year of the car's manufacture for vehicles older than 25 years but must be able to provide current registration.

Back