1956 Superior Vent Windows

Hi all,
I haven't been on in a long time, but I got my '56 Superior 3-Way Landaulet back from the painter this weekend!!!

While putting one of the front side windows back in, I was reminded that the chrome on my vent window is a bit flaky, and the glass has some bubbles around the edges. It didn't bother me *that* bad until I saw it up against my new paint; now it kinda stands out. The seal is miraculously intact and wateright, and I've always assumed it was something specific to the coachmaker and therefore unobtainable...so I decided I wouldn't risk the seal for cosmetic stuff.

But today I heard that it might be "a stock seal, just kicked uphill".

Does anyone have more information on this; namely, what year/model of seal might have been used?

Also, does anyone know how to remove the vent window from it's frame? I had it off today to replace the window run channels, and it wasn't apparent to me. The bottom of the vent window frame was riveted to the main upright, and I had to drill out the rivets to replace the channel. I thought I'd be able to slightly spread the frame vertically and drop the vent window out from the top down, but no dice. I couldn't figure out how, but it seemed the top pivot was retained in the upper part of the frame.

Thanks in advance for your helpful ideas!

If all you want to do is pull the glass. You pull hard in the open edge and smach the back side with a rubber mallet. If your trying to disassemble the frame to rePlat. That's a guess.

Back