Hearse motor color

Standard Packard Green.. The best place to buy the paint is from Bill Hirsch http://www.hirschauto.com . When you click on engine paint, you will need to click on the down arrow under the size/color selection to find the item. If you buy the quart, you will have more than enough to do your engine, and it goes on very well with a paint brush, and dries to a smooth original looking finish. A quart is probably enough for 2 or 3 engines.

The 1954 Senior (359 cubic Inch) was the only one that was bronze color Both Bill Hirsh and Kanter Auto have it Call 800-526-1096 ask for Stuart Blond in their "Packard Department" he is the Packard Clubs editor and works at Kanters he will be glad to hear from you and fill your order.

Yes, that's what she said she has: a "54 Packard Henney Hearse Senior" so it should be bronze, the same as the Patrician and others with the 359 cid engine. The '51 to '53 senior Henney-Packards had the gray engine.

nice part of being here is there is always some one with the right answer. or a direction to steer you in finding it. but since Kanter doesn't make things I would bet you got Bill's paint with a Kanter label. as with everything on these cars it's shop around and compare prices. a lot of times you can get the part from a aftermarket source cheaper then direct from the manufacture?

I have known Fred and Dan for more years than I can count. They started out selling just Packard parts from a two car garage in Morristown NJ. Their flea market car was Henney Packard Hearse with Dynock wood grain on the sides. They along with their Dad built Kanters to what it is today. Dad drove one of my Chrysler Newport cop cars for years. They are good customers of mine and me of them. Packards are still their major interest. Dan has a 55 Caribbean that he drives regularly. Yes they do outsource many of their items usually the price is the same or close and if your order equals enough you get 10% off. Not to make this sound like a commercial for Kanters not the intention just to point out Fred Dan and many of the employees are car nuts so they have more than a casual interest in what they sell. How many similar firms can count the editor of The Packard Clubs Magazine as part of "Our Packard Department".

The can of paint that I got from Kanter looked like an original paint can. It was rusty and looked to be very old but the paint was good. I am going to have to order some more from them. I had my engine rebuilt then it blew the head gasket, so I had to replace the aluminum head with a cast iron one and need to paint it to match the rest of the engine.

I was just down at Kanter on Friday. It was a real treat to meet those folks and see their operation.

Should have stopped in to visit Bill Hirsch in Newark N.J. He also has been a Packard collector since the 1950's. He has a long history of reproducing parts and supplying high quality parts to the hobby.

Back