little progress

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
been plugging away on Jim's 66. we have gotten the engine bay up to the point were I don't mind showing it off a little. you'll have forgive the dust. but as of now all the sheet metal is back on the car and we are on the down hill side of finish work. be glad to get to drive it some.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jer57747#p/u

:bonk:
what color was it when you had it? it started out black then went to blue then white. Jim is putting it back black.

John, I got the car From Houston Brothers In Marietta, Ga. back in mid 90's I guess as it was SCI car from TX funeral home traded in on a new one. Car was already white with blue door jams as you found it. Was very solid and looked good enough that we had request to use on several funerals. Back then a/c still worked and radio also. Not sure how it will look black but should be fine.

Correction........ Ed is putting it back to black for Jim... :cheers: :my2cents:

true, but Jim picked the color. so the decision was his. I'm just carrying out his wishes. I had thought it had been white for some time. all most 20 years. shows how long a cheap pant job can last. who ever did the change to blue did a good job. the kind you would expect on a car around ten years old. then most likely as if still was a good running car it got a quickie to get a few more years out of it. SO if it was still in used in the 90's this car saw 25 years of duty. not that bad a investment when you think of that.

SO if it was still in used in the 90's this car saw 25 years of duty. not that bad a investment when you think of that.

Actually, she saw almost 40 years of service (with a little downtime here and there). The guy I sold it to in S.C. used

it in his removal and transport service. So I guess technically, it was still getting professional use up throught the mid-
2000's. Not a bad investment indeed! :agree:

Back