1965 Imperial Limousine

Absolutely awesome cars! I owned a '58 Ghia limo very briefly that was a total basket case, but any Imperial Ghia in ANY condition is worthy of restoration any more.

I would be interesting to know who owned it new? It already has CA plates, just need to win the lottery 1st for it to change zip codes!!

If I were a movie star (yeah, like that would happen:rolleyes:), that's what I'd like to be driven around in. Much cooler than modern limos. :cool:

$_57.JPG

I currently own a '59 Imperial Crown Southampton, a '61 Imperial LeBaron, a '62 Imperial LeBaron, a '68 Imperial LeBaron, a '68 Imperial Crown 4-door hdtp, and a '69 Imperial LeBaron. I always LOVED watching the Beverly Hillbillies, just for the wonderful early '60s Mopars!

I had a 1964 that looked identical to the one in the photo other than the wheel covers (and grill which is not visible) as twenty were started for 1964 but ten were modified very slightly and sold as 1965 models. I bought it in the early '70s when it was still fairly new and owned it for many decades but no longer own it. I never did find out who owned it originally but I was told when I bought it that it was being sold on consignment for Tom Mix although I never was able to confirm it.

Milburne's were indeed factory LeBarons of various years as the show progressed but Six Million Dollar Man and a couple other shows by the same studio had a Ghia-Imperial that was either 1964 or a 1965. Some years ago a pair, one 1964 and one 1965, showed up for sale in Fresno, CA that I regret to this day not having bought as together they were less than I paid for my 1964 and in better condition. I suspect that one or both were the ones used by the studio but I'm not sure.

I also discovered a few years ago that there was another in my area (San Francisco Bay Area) that was fully restored but I never saw it other than in online photos from car club events. I don't know whatever became of it but the last I heard it was in Southern California.

Last edited:
I had a 1964 that looked identical to the one in the photo other than the wheel covers (and grill which is not visible) as twenty were started for 1964 but ten were modified very slightly and sold as 1965 models. I bought it in the early '70s when it was still fairly new and owned it for many decades but no longer own it. I never did find out who owned it originally but I was told when I bought it that it was being sold on consignment for Tom Mix although I never was able to confirm it.

Hope it wasn't Tom Mix, he was killed in a car crash outside of Florence Arizona on October 12, 1940.........

Back