Announcing the PCS Southeastern Regional Meet Asheville NC April 30th - May 1st 2014

I have been checking on the room situation in Asheville over the last few weeks. The Sleep Inn only has a few rooms ( less than 5) left for our weekend! The Doubletree has some rooms left as well ( at this point). Rates are $99 for the SI and $149 for the DT. Response to this meet has been exciting to say the least. I am still making calls and arranging for cars to attend that have never been seen at PCS functions before. We are expecting one car fresh from a frame off restoration as well! We are still looking at tentatively at a joint gathering of around 60 cars so far! :eek: As I have mentioned in previous posts rooms get scarce all over Asheville this time of year so if you have an inkling of attending book NOW! Discussions are being held regarding a "banquet" or large gathering in the Texas Roadhouse, TGI Fridays or utilizing the Doubletree. ( I just discovered a new Jimmie Johns opened 3 blocks from the hotels, I can hear Darren B drooling at the thought.)

Hope to see y'all there!

Phone #'s are:

Doubletree Hilton 828.274.1800
Sleep Inn 828.277.1800
Mention PCS Block for either hotel.

Ashevilleaa_zps29371836.jpg

A lil tease!:p
tease6a_zpsc4a18ceb.jpg

7412d3e604e0648651bc4bb3f9fb2bf8_zps053afa83.gif

I spoke earlier tonight to our good friends in Blacksburg, Va., Kenneth and Vanessa McCoy,McCoy Funeral Home. They are bringing one of their Cadillac ambulances. They will be arriving Wed. or Thurs. Vonda and I are still planning on arriving Thurs. Hopefully we can get one of ours running good enough to bring. You copy Cary? Gene

P.S. See you there

Cary

I just got back from a few days away at Detroit's Autorama and zoomed in on your post above with the words "JIMMY JOHNS" !

I will be looking into a room bro !!!

Thanks !
Darren

Word hit me today that another freshly restored car that has never been seen by anyone is coming to Asheville ( and this one I can't wait to see)!
Another surprise vehicle was brought to my attention last week as well.
As a side note...just for Darren.....(The wife and I snarfed down not one but two Jimmie Johns #5's today) It was maybe 4 blocks from the hotel.

A few rooms might still be available at the Sleep Inn 828.277.1800. The Doubletree is getting close to being full as well 828.274.1800. Mention the PCS obviously. An easier way to book at the Doubletree is using our direct booking link :Doubletree PCS Booking Link More details (or teases) as they unfold!

tease6a_zpsc4a18ceb.jpg

Cary, hopefully Bill head can come and bring his car. I understood a while back that David Wall and his wife were planning on coming and bringing their car. Looks like there will be plenty of cars. SEE YA THERE

Hi all,

I wanted to provide a few additional details for the NHAA side of this event (which jointly applies to everyone attending, not just NHAA to be clear):

All attendees are *strongly* encouraged to bring the following:
Walkie Talkie/Two-way Radios tuned to channel 14
EZ up or other pop-up tents
folding chairs
folding tables

DJ Mighty Mike of Cemetery Knights will be providing tunes for your listening pleasure throughout the weekend.

There will be a joint dinner for NHAA and PCS Saturday night, 7:00 pm at one of the host hotels TBA.

Brother Wolf Animal Rescue will be onsite throughout the weekend accepting donations and selling cool items: https://www.bwar.org/

Swap meet will be active Friday evening at the NHAA host hotel, in addition to during the car show. Buying, selling, trading is encouraged 24/7 during the meet.

Car show trophy classes for 2014:

Prewar
Postwar-'64
'65-'76
'77-'92
'93 and up

People's Choice
The Brittany
Best Display
Furthest Traveled
**** **** You Made It!

We are down to the wire on this! It's hard to believe it's less than 4 weeks away! A recent check with the hotels showed just a few rooms left ( if any) at the rates of $99/$149 Sleep Inn/Doubletree. Thank you everyone that is planning to attend. Recent conversations show yet another freshly restored car planning to attend with the potential for a few more never seen before cars! We do NOT have a registration fee for this event as it is more or less do whattcha wanna do event or just lay back and relax.

Welcome to the PCS Southeastern Chapter Regional Meet
Wednesday April 30th - Sunday May 3rd

Wednesday arrivals! Welcome to Asheville, we hope you enjoyed the drive through the southern Appalachians, the scenery in this region is simply stunning. Check in.....settle in and relax after your drive. Multiple dining establishments are within a 2 block walking distance of either hotel. We will have PCS Staff on site after 4 PM to help you with whatever you need ( with a dedicated cell phone # for the meet). Dinner with friends and parking lot time will undoubtedly be on the agenda.

Thursday April 31st. We have assembled a very laid back venue where you can choose whatever you would like to do. Guests at the Doubletree/Sleep Inn can purchase 2 Day Passes for the Biltmore Estate directly from the hotels for $60 plus tax. This is a great deal as one day passes are $60. You DO NEED A VEHICLE to do Biltmore. Groups interested in going can make plans or meet in the lobby of the Doubletree at 9:30AM. Also available directly from the hotel are 2 day passes for the Grey Line trolley which runs all over Asheville and stops at the Doubletree lobby on the hour. Explore Historic downtown Asheville, the Grove Park Inn, River Arts District as well as many other stops. Trolley passes are $22 per person for 2 days!. Group up with friends for dinner and of course parking lot time starts at 7PMish!

Friday May 1st. Once again your are free to explore in groups the Biltmore House or explore Asheville via the Trolley. Meet in the Doubletree lobby at 9:30AM. The NHAA has organized a Scavenger Hunt to be held starting at the Holiday Inn on Tunnel Road (Map provided $10 per car fee to the NHAA , time to be announced) . Dinner groups can meet in the Doubletree lobby at 6pm and of course more parking lot/swap meet time into the evening.

Saturday May 2nd. The NHAA has invited us to attend their 2nd Annual Show which is to be held at the Pisgah Brewing Company in Black Mountain from 10AM-2PM. Registration for the Show is $10 per car (paid to the NHAA) which includes a tour of the Brewery. Vendors are $25.00. You have the option to continue exploring Asheville, there is that much to see! We will reconvene at our hotels for our "show and chill" time. We have invited the NHAA members to come over at 5-6 PM for pizza and drinks in the Sleep Inn parking lot at 6pm. This is a no cost social event.

We are glad you decided to come to Asheville in what we hope will become an annual event that in addition to the PCS International Meet will help grow our groups and provide a venue that is central to those of us in the south east. We encourage you to run over o the NHAA host hotel, the Holiday Inn on Tunnel Road and say hello to people over there. Many of us in the PCS or NHAA plan on running back and forth between venues over the weekend! Both clubs goal is to make this "THE Event" of the year annually. We appreciate your input and thoughts all through the weekend as well as afterwards. Any questions please email us at southeastpcs @ outlook.com or message Cary here.

We look forward to seeing you!
Sincerely, your host committee,
Cary Livingston
Dave Petke
Peter Bain

Asheville_zps00cc7795.jpg

sound like a nice get together. but I'm lost what is the NHAA? the problem with acronyms is not everyone knows what your talking about.

TY Ken, I was just getting ready to post. The NHAA is the National Hearse and Ambulance Association which encompasses a large group of regional and national clubs that are an alternative to the PCS. Many people are members of both groups and have been for ages. :)

If the PCS hotels are out of rooms at the discounted rate, please PM me as the NHAA host hotel has a few rooms left. HOWEVER, our discount rate disappears on the 15th, so please let me know ASAP if you need a room.

Looking forward to this event !!!

I will be traveling with the Tri-Chapter PA PCS members !

Looking forward to trying Jimmy Johns in NC.

Also looking forward to a snow free state too.

Darren

I assume, that is the "big indian" on the hill, at Harry's Cadillac (or whatever dealership it is now...) in Asheville. I worked at Groce in Asheville 1984-1988, and often folks would call for directions to the funeral home. We had one part timer, who would always start directions with, "Well.. do you know where the big indian is at?"... I was there for months before I noticed the "big indian"... I can only imagine being given directions to a funeral home, and the first part is a question of "do you know where the big indian is..."
Another staffer always started with, "Do you know where Sears is at?"

The things I do to help promote a meet.....:pat:

On a serious note....things are shaping up nicely...very few if any rooms left at the host hotels and conversations over the weekend have more coming from out of state staying at alternate locations.

2 Rooms Available at The Doubletree

With regrets, we are not going to be able to attend. As a result, we have canceled our room reservations. As of 10:00 PM on 4/19/2014 there are two rooms available at the DoubleTree from 4/30 to 5/3, just in case anybody needs them.

Sorry you and your friends can't make it Bill. I am frantically working on getting one and possibly 2 cars ready for the meet. Since my stroke 2 years ago I just don't have the stamina I used too. Doing a fuel pump on a 500CI made me come up with 13.7 new derivatives of the F word this morning. :yum:

In recent discussions with some other members we will also have a few pro cars for sale there. It's looking like 3-4 so far. There are some rooms still available at the Sleep Inn Biltmore (book thru choicehotels.com site) as our rates have expired at both facilities. The Doubletree is now higher than a mortgage payment for a night. More people are inquiring at the last minute. If you are coming and staying elsewhere please give me a heads up! I will have the final itinerary ready for emailing to those attending tomorrow.

Your Southeast Chapter friends look forward to seeing 'yall!

(And for Steve Lichtman, the Norfolk Southern S-Line runs 2 blocks from the meet with around 15 trains a day.....DOH! :D

Back