Tail fin lens "guide markings"

I was looking at tail fin lenses and found two options.
With "guide markings" and for about half that price, without.
Can someone explain what they are?

Thanx

(My '62 Superior uses 1960 lenses)

Here are a few photos of the guide markings-

Attachments

• AQ1I6795.jpg
    AQ1I6795.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 249
  • AQ1I6796.jpg
    AQ1I6796.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 244
  • AQ1I6800.jpg
    AQ1I6800.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 243
A lot of the old tail light repro's are glo-brites. which is on those lenses. I have used many glo-brites in cars and they are good if stock cannot be had.

the difference in the price is to pay for the copy right trade mark . if you not going for a 100 point car do what your wallet tells you

Guide and aftermarket lenses

I agree with Attila that the Guide lenses are the originals and the unmarked ones are likely aftermarket. One thing to watch on the aftermarket lenses is the color. Sometimes the the color of the lens is a bit different from one to another. You may want to buy and replace in pairs.
Mike

Lens

I agree with Attila that the Guide lenses are the originals and the unmarked ones are likely aftermarket. One thing to watch on the aftermarket lenses is the color. Sometimes the the color of the lens is a bit different from one to another. You may want to buy and replace in pairs.
Mike

You can buy reproduction lens with the correct guide markings ,dates etc. These are licensed reproductions .The non licensed lens are basically a replacement lens and will usually fit and function but usually the are not as nice as the licensed reproductions.

OK, here is where it all came about...

http://www.opgi.com/cadillac/1960/la...-lamp/CE11217/

http://www.opgi.com/cadillac/1960/la...-lamp/CE11219/

Same vendor, two options (both repros)
I'm pretty sure it is a stock photo for both so the guide does not show in pic.

Depending on your needs the lenses are available with or without original Guide markings. Only difference is the Guide markings, are you going for the killer restoration or just want a lens that will work and 99% of the people will not know the difference.

and if your going to be putting them on a pro car I'm told standard caddy and CC are different in those years. the name guide is a trademark for one of GMs suppliers

Back