Mecum Auction sold 1961 limo

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I was watching Mecum for a while today, as I often do. They sold a 1961 Cadillac limousine that looked real nice for $22K. Maybe it is worth more, but I was surprised to see the car bring that kind of money, at an auction that really doesn't get big money for Cadillacs, or any other luxury car. I am not saying anything negative about Mecum, but they do seem to get better prices for muscle cars. Maybe it is a sign that a nice car, yes even a procar can bring a fair price at auction. Just a thought, as I am an observer of these things.
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lot_id=AU1214-198750

About 15 years ago, at a car show, a man was exhibiting a gorgeous '60 Cadillac limo, no divider (which is my preference). It was a NICE car. At the time he told me he had been thinking of selling it for $12G. I really didn't have the extra money nor the interest, but some years later I did. I managed to contact him by phone and he told me he ended up selling the car for $10G. I was sick. So I'm hoping this '61 was exquisite for $22G.

Attachments

• 60_SS_limo_001.jpg
    60_SS_limo_001.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 359
About 15 years ago, at a car show, a man was exhibiting a gorgeous '60 Cadillac limo, no divider (which is my preference). It was a NICE car. At the time he told me he had been thinking of selling it for $12G. I really didn't have the extra money nor the interest, but some years later I did. I managed to contact him by phone and he told me he ended up selling the car for $10G. I was sick. So I'm hoping this '61 was exquisite for $22G.

Values have gone up considerably in the last ten years, so it really is difficult to compare.

I was watching Mecum for a while today, as I often do. They sold a 1961 Cadillac limousine that looked real nice for $22K. Maybe it is worth more, but I was surprised to see the car bring that kind of money, at an auction that really doesn't get big money for Cadillacs, or any other luxury car. I am not saying anything negative about Mecum, but they do seem to get better prices for muscle cars. Maybe it is a sign that a nice car, yes even a procar can bring a fair price at auction. Just a thought, as I am an observer of these things.
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lot_id=AU1214-198750

Front and rear seats have been redone in non-period correct material, so I am sure that did effect sale price. Nice car

Would you believe I bought four 61 limos with divider in New York in 1965 for $200.00 each not a strait panel on any one. They all drove the 90 miles home. Then in 1985 bought a nice 60 no divider from a friends salvage yard for $400.00 had gone there cause it was abandoned on private property managed to find the owner who bought it from a Funeral Home and get the title. Those were the days always liked the Factory Limos they would hold up. I still like my 96 S&S six door over any of them. This 61 is a bit overpriced even in these times when you add the 10% buyers premium. The redone WRONG seats are sure not a plus. There have been several better buys on Ebay in the past year.

Nice car

I TRIED TO READ AND COULD NOT FIND IF THE CAR SOLD,AND HOW MUCH FOR, IM SORRY TO BOTHER SOME BODY ,can ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THE CAR SOLD,IM DISABLED AND I DONT WANT PITTY,BUT WITH BAD EYES AND I CANT TYPE MUCH WITH OUT A LOT OF PAIN,SOMEBODY HELPS AND I HATE TO ASK FOR HELP,SO I CAN READ EASY,BUT TYPING IS TUFF,SO I ALWAYS LEAVE MY PHONE #917-499-9994,AND YOU CAN TEXT ALL YOU WANT WANT,ANYTIME AND I ALWAYS APRECIEATE IT,THANKS AGAIN BRIAN,THANKS 917-499-9994,AND IF I TALK TOO MUCH JUST TELL ME YOU HAVE TO GO IM EASY :):):)

Back