"Lowrider " Cadillac used by Tucson Funeral home

While driving around Tucson Arizona today, I noticed this parked in front of one of the local funeral homes (Avenidas Funeral services). It appears this is the only vehicle they own and use besides a minivan. I have seen it before parked in front of a church, very low practically slammed to the floor. I believe it has Air ride suspension. I don't really know how to feel about it.
"Avenidas" is spanish for Avenues.

20141212_093753_zpsdbtfkb8a.jpg

20141212_093804_zpslhjajvqf.jpg

20141212_093816_zps5yasv2yh.jpg

It does not look lowered to me (unless its sitting in driving height), just small tires commonly used on lowriders. Ive seen many hearses on air ride, and they sit right on the ground.
I never liked the look of those kind of tires, so I REALLY do not like them on a '96 Superior Crown Sovereign (or any other coach for that matter).

I would imagine that the funeral home caters to a specific clientel - likeley younger families or perhaps Mexican families (being that the lowrider scene is so big in the Hispanic community.) I appreciate that they are making an effort to appeal to their customers' style and sensibilities, if that is in fact the case. Personally, I like lowriders, always have. I currently own one. However, whether actually lowered or just sitting closer to the ground because the tires are smaller, it just doesn't seem like it would be very function friendly for a car that is already so long and so easy "hi-centered."

http://avenidascremation.com/burial/index.html

It's probably safe to say its hydraulic, not air suspension. I think air ride is still kind of like a slap in the face to traditional low riders, so if that's the market they're going for they probably kept with tradition.

Looking at the description of the coaches on that link, they have no idea what they even own, neither is a Statesman, and only one is even a Superior, a Superior Crown Sovereign, and a Krystal (I think Waterford is the model but not positive).

What a shame. At least the "damage" is fixable. They bought this Superior Crown from Doug Scott In LA last year. Originally had the Cadillac standard full wheel covers.

Once again the customer is always right and if the wheels and low rider bring customers thats the name of the game. Worreys me about the little undersize OVERLOADED tires that could go with a big bang at speed on the interstate.Hate to see this nice coach rolled cause of a blowout.

Once again the customer is always right and if the wheels and low rider bring customers thats the name of the game. Worreys me about the little undersize OVERLOADED tires that could go with a big bang at speed on the interstate.Hate to see this nice coach rolled cause of a blowout.

One thing about this type of tire is it may not be overloaded (even though still stupid in my opinion), after all they are made for use on hopping cars, so they have to take that kind of force and weight of a full size car dropping in excess of 6-8 feet in the air.

You can get Premium Sport brand lowrider tires that are good for up to 1200 lbs per tire at 50 psi. Not sure how much a modern-day hearse like that weighs, but it's probably right at the limit, if not over.

I sense a theme. Tricked out hearses and now a "Superfly" ambulance. ( Relax, I was just testing a set for fit on a 73 DeVille that I was looking to buy last year)

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 292
The Superfly headlights don't bother me any more than having a second(incorrect) hood ornament on it does! Lol

thats interesting, my old 73/58/63 came to me with that standing hood ornament. I thought it was stock. It looked like it belonged . Interesting.

don't forget the S&S stand up also. my 73 just had the date marks and the bull nose on the hood molding. so what year has the stand up and not the one on the front of the hood??

Back