Ful-Vu ' s on a Cotner-Bevington Criterion Ambulance?

Miller-Meteor Ful-Vu lights on a 1975 Cotner-Bevington Criterion Ambulance is this acurrate? Possible? Was it an option for C-B?

I didn't know they offered the Criterion on the Olds Chassis. Pretty cool!

I know that C-B and M-M were both owned by Wayne Corporation at that time, it would stand to reason that they'd both use a common design and common parts but could you order Ful-Vu ' s on the C-B's??? Thanks for any info.

Screenshot_2014-12-10-15-10-28_zpscxhxtzki.png

Screenshot_2014-12-10-15-10-19_zpsvoiyyynh.png
Screenshot_2014-12-10-15-14-23_zpsylmeb40u.png

Last edited:
Others more knowledgeable please chime in, the olds is not really a criterion in that there is a ful partition between front and back. The enclosed side windows were rather an option on a traditional a C/B platform. A nice look though and uncommon.

Others more knowledgeable please chime in, the olds is not really a criterion in that there is a ful partition between front and back. The enclosed side windows were rather an option on a traditional a C/B platform. A nice look though and uncommon.

No, it's not; this has been discussed many times, but a relative newbie wouldn't know that. This was most likely a one-off car, so it wouldn't have a model or series name. If anything, it would be called a Cotington 54 Ambulandau.

all they did on this one is fill in the window holes. making it a landow style high top ambulance. it was most likely done for privacy and if I remember it correctly it has a squad bench on the right. thee are at least one set of pictures of a high top hearse out there also. if you wanted it they would build it. the 76 MM at the last meet from Gold cross was the same body style

The landau ambulance discussion is correct. It's not exactly a Criterion - and this is similar to the Lifeliner Ambulandau that was at the International in Rochester, MN earlier this year, which we discussed earlier.

As for the Full-Vue lights, remember that the Cotner-Bevington plant in Blytheville, AR, was closed (1971 I think?) and C-B production was moved to the M-M plant in Piqua. Since they were owned by the same company and built in the same plant, any "M-M option" could be on a C-B, and vice versa.

As for this specific '75 C-B Olds, it appeared at the 1987 International Meet in New Hope, PA/Lambertville, NJ, and has not been seen again. It would be nice to know what happened to it. Anyone?

no Ida on the CB but I do have those same net pictures here is the 76 of gold cross. just o compare. the light configuration on it's a little different. with one tall skirt and one standard on the 184s

Attachments

• IMG_6204a.jpg
    IMG_6204a.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 564
I spoke with Bob Hedges today. I asked Bob what he knew about this CB pictured in this thread. Bob said that Bill Geissel from Geissel Professional cars in Land Town PA sold 5 rigs like this one. One was sold to Terry Town PA Rescue Squad. Being that 1975 was the last year for Cotner Bevington, Miller Meteor prevented and further orders of CB Oldsmobiles in this configuration. Bob also said that he was able to purchase one when they came out of service but he sold it out west somewhere.

same body style yes. the easy way to tell is the criterion did not have a window in the left center door. only a half door for the spare tire compartment. the silhouette shape is the same and thats were the confusion jumps in

From all outward appearances, it appears that the Murphy car pictured above is the same car as the Gold Cross car that was posted by John "Ed"...

attachment.php

Miller_Meteor_Lifeliner_Ambulance_263.JPG

I really DON'T like the look of the high skirt P.A.- Lights (CJ184s) on it. I love the look of the Ful-Views though! I can't believe that there would have been more than one set up that way.

I have never seen a P.A. Light that tall. I have 4 of the CJ184s and none of mine have that tall skirt.

First for me, too. It must have been needed to get the curved base to mount the CJ on. Because of the speaker, a CJ-184 usually has to be on a flat surface.

Back