new cadillac ambulance

'Twas past due for another Photoshop exercise anyway. :yankchain:

amb3g.jpg

Actually, creating this sparked a couple other ideas. Now to make more of that elusive time...

Some people have all the talent. That looks awesome. :wowguy:

sorry that's ugly. start again with a commercial glass car. rounded sides and top not flat and square. this one looks like one of the campers mounted on a car chassis in the 60's:pat:

'Twas past due for another Photoshop exercise anyway. :yankchain:

Actually, creating this sparked a couple other ideas. Now to make more of that elusive time...

Nice work Atti!

But styling wise, it's a little too European for my liking. I think it looks more like a modern Mercedes ambulance than anything a Cadillac should be. I'd have to keep some of the classic lines of a '70's hightop, but with modern flair.

:my2cents:

Mercedes ambulance donated the roof; hence colors. Can't sneak anything by you Adam. Should have taken more time and put in commercial glass though. ;)

S&S Masterpiece being Photochopped now. And a Nissan Cube. Ha.

Well, it started out as an S&S Masterpiece at any rate...many body mods ago. May be more 'traditional' for a Cadillac but pretty static really. Ready for your company's graphics now. :smiley3:

96ssmasterpiece7.jpg

And yes, it was difficult to refrain from swapping wheels and lowering.

now that is an ambulance

I would put graphics on that one any day! Great job Attila.
That could get me to want a newer coach. No, the 61 would not be a trade in just in case anyone was wondering.

Richard, in Jerry's defense I too had to look twice to see a light bar and beacon. Maybe it is an Ohio thing. They did blend into the backround.
Mike
61 M-M

vary good job on that one. now just put a step in the roof in the front so that the light bar sets even with the back roof. just slid it forward as the raised part would start at the B pillar. take the dimple out of the panel behind the side door and raise the top of the side door so you can get in it with out banging your head and you have got it. the new one would have the dark tint on the glass. but remember it would have to have a high enough roof to be able to stand up in. glad to see you put on the air horn. man take one of them off should be shot. remember new. electronic siren with speaker behind the grill. but that one is a sharp on. it just would not meet specks for a ambulance with that low a roof. :applause:

Superior Coaches in 1993 built a S&S Masterpiece for an ambulance service called Medix Ambulance in Tustin, California. We installed rear quarter glass and the front seats with partition also installed a central mid-mount A/C plus the 2 rear door and back door trim panels. We omitted the vinyl roof , coach lights,headliner, floor covering, wheelhouses panels and drapes. The ambulance service was going to forward me pictures but never did. I have worked for Superior Coach since 1964 so I have seen a lot of ambulances. So I favor the Superior ambulance like Dr. Roger White's 1979 that was the last one we built. The Northland Chapter did a nice article in their last publication on his ambulance. I was there when he picked it up but did not get in the picture. Good Luck

Wow, Joe, now there's something interesting. So Superior built the car and they were going to finish it? That would be something to see.

Has anyone out in CA seen this, and have pictures? That would be very interesting.

I had heard the story about the existence of this Medix ambulance when I lived in Orange County, CA from 1989 to 2007. I never did speak with anyone who could confirm that this vehicle even existed, let alone hit the road. My rapidly disintegrating memory banks recall that I did call Medix when I heard about this ambulance, and no one there knew what I was talking about. I remember seeing many Medix Ambulance Type III rigs sporting either Q2B's or B&M Super Chiefs (rather unusual), but never ran across this phantom Cadillac. I would think that with the thousands of first calls that I made at Orange County hospitals and nursing homes over a 16 year period that I would have run into this car sooner or later if it was ever put into service.

Terry

Medix

I had heard the story about the existence of this Medix ambulance when I lived in Orange County, CA from 1989 to 2007. I never did speak with anyone who could confirm that this vehicle even existed, let alone hit the road. My rapidly disintegrating memory banks recall that I did call Medix when I heard about this ambulance, and no one there knew what I was talking about. I remember seeing many Medix Ambulance Type III rigs sporting either Q2B's or B&M Super Chiefs (rather unusual), but never ran across this phantom Cadillac. I would think that with the thousands of first calls that I made at Orange County hospitals and nursing homes over a 16 year period that I would have run into this car sooner or later if it was ever put into service.

Terry

Medix Ambulance Service is one of B&M's most faithful customers. I can confirm that the car exists as Joe described it. Owner Mike Dimas could best be described as "delightfully eccentric". He knows EXACTLY what he wants and seldom compromises. The car was purchased for his own enjoyment and has remained under wraps since delivery. Please don't contact him to ask about it- he'd prefer no one know about it until he's ready to show it.

I've had this idea for a long time, too. As Tony suggested above I would build a modern ambulance on a Masterpiece or Sovereign of the '93-'96 style based on the RWD and large size of these cars. Your Masterpiece based hightop looks great, Attila! Like Ed, I'd suggest extending the height of the side doors a bit. I would also make the rear side window larger, following the lines of the door windows, in "true limousine style" fashion. It would also be interesting to see this idea on a '96 Superior Sovereign of the same era, given the different windshield treatment. When we toured the Superior/S&S plant in 1995 in advance of the Ft. Wayne meet they had a Cadillac and Chevrolet hearse hearse headed to Norway. These cars were black, limo style, with hatch rear loading doors (top hinged) and stainless steel lined interiors with no draperies. They had side windows like I described. They were very handsome cars. SOMEwhere I have a photo of the Cadillac, but it's not digital. If I find it I'll try to scan it. Now if you want something really up to date, conceive what a 2012 Cadillac would look like if it were built on the Holden rwd platform, like the late Pontiac G8. Actually the G8 is on the shorter of the 2 wheelbases. GM sells these v8 rwd cars in Chevrolet guise in the middle east (Statesman-short wb, and Caprice-long wb), Great Britain as a Vauxhall, and China as a Buick Park Avenue. A flagship Cadillac would be another logical version for the US. You could use that for a 21st century combination or hightop! Too bad that mysterious California ambulance is a '93-no LT-1 engine!

Superior Coaches in 1993 built a S&S Masterpiece for an ambulance service called Medix Ambulance in Tustin, California. We installed rear quarter glass and the front seats with partition also installed a central mid-mount A/C plus the 2 rear door and back door trim panels. We omitted the vinyl roof , coach lights,headliner, floor covering, wheelhouses panels and drapes. The ambulance service was going to forward me pictures but never did.

*BUMP*

Has anyone here come across a photo of this car?

Back