Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > General Discussion Forum

Notices

General Discussion Forum For the general discussion of Professional Cars.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:41 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Update 28/06/18

Hey guys, thought I'd give an update. The car ended up needing a little more than I thought. There was a part of the frame that had to be fixed. Also, more break components had to be replaced. Ended up another week in the shop. The car did finally get finished and was drivable. Unfortunately, I ran into another problem. My insurance(cooperators) did not want to insure my car due to my age and it's age, even though I never had an accident, have been with them for 3 years, and had both my trucks insured with them. No other insurance company's were keen on the idea, but I did end up getting it insured with vienneau insurance, but I had to give them the trucks as well . I'm now spending 50$ less with them a month than with coop. After that, i finally was able to drive it, it worked great. Drove it for 3 days without and issue. I took it in for an oil change at pro lube in moncton. Drove it all day, then the engine started ticking. Checked the oil, no oil...at all. Not impressed. I filled it up with oil, no leaks. The ticking stopped after that but the car was not working good at all after that. I thought I cocked it for sure. Checked it once I got home, I noticed a vacuum plug just was not there. Plugged that, car works great again. I'm not sure if the lube people had something to do with that as well as it worked great before them. Now it's fine but my siren stopped working. Well figure out what caused that.

Bill Leverett (06-28-2018), Bill Marcy (06-28-2018), Kent Dorsey (06-29-2018), Peter Grave (06-28-2018), Tim Prieur (06-29-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 11:38 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,406 Times in 6,091 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

You'll get the bugs worked out as you drive it.
Clay Sellick (06-29-2018), Richard Vyse (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 07:02 AM
Website Member

Thanked 7,120 Times in 2,342 Posts
Groaned at 13 Times in 5 Posts

Awesome ambulance . Me experience as soon as you get one thing fixed, you guessed it, something else goes awry. Part of being a classic car owner.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:58 AM
Website Member

Thanked 1,208 Times in 483 Posts
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Well done Clay. Every time you face another issue try and gain some comfort you are preserving a special piece of ambulance production history in Canada.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:17 PM
PCS Member

Default Update 04/08/18, Hell Week

Hello again guys. I've been meaning to put this update out for a while but just haven't found the time until now. A lot has happened since the last update, none of which is very good...but we're continuing forward by Jesus! When I last left you. I had just picked the car back up from the mechanic and had been driving it around working out the bugs. I was getting ready for the Big car show, The Atlantic Nationals. Well, the nationals came. I fixed my siren and was very hyped to use it the nationals is a 5 day event, with the last 2days being the main show. I was driving the car to the first day of festivities after filling it up full of fuel. I pulled out of the gas station.....and the gas tank fell out the back. I was able to pull off into a side road, it's a good thing this was not at highway speeds or it would have been a BBQ. All my gas spilled over the road, not good. My mechanic said to take it to the local rad and gas tank repair shop to get it fixed. I took it there,they said they could fix it for friday but it would be 1600$. I wanted to be in the show so bad I agreed. Friday came, they did fix it but in the process clogged the fuel pump. I had to tow it home. I still had hope for making the main show, so I bought a universal electric fuel pump as no one had one for my car. Me and my father hooked up the pump to what w thought was keyed power. The pump would turn on sometimes but would not others. We could not start the car. What was happening was that we had hooked it up to a circuit with a resistor, so when we first turn the key, the pump recieved full power but when the resistor heated up, the pump would not receive enough power to run. By the time i figured this out, the show was done and I had replaced almost every electronic component. Anyways, the car works now, but that's why I call that week, He'll week. Now I have new issues. My alternator stopped charging and I figured out I have some major holes in my floor I need to fix. My carpet was always wet but I thought it was a leak from the roof. No room leak, floor leak. I did successfully install a colt, pressure and temp gauge.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:36 AM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,406 Times in 6,091 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

What did they do for 1600? But remember this if you have to push things to do a event stop. You will be far better off taking part with out the car and you wallet will thank you.

When you do a repair do it right that way you move the car forward to what it was instead of creating a whole lot more things to fix.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:31 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,941 Times in 1,388 Posts
Groans: 1

I feel for you Clay, I have been there and done that, too. It is all part of classic car ownership. As long as the positives are more frequent than the negatives, I guess it is okay.
Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Clay Sellick (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 04:57 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John ED Renstrom View Post
What did they do for 1600? But remember this if you have to push things to do a event stop. You will be far better off taking part with out the car and you wallet will thank you.

When you do a repair do it right that way you move the car forward to what it was instead of creating a whole lot more things to fix.

They patched the gas tank, new straps, new filler neck and reinforced the strap mounts. They did a good job, is it 1600$ good? I don't think so, but I "needed" it for the show. If I knew that I would have struggled with the other issues, I would have drove it with a Jerry can gas tank to the show
John ED Renstrom (08-05-2018)

Tags
ambulance, chrysler, country, pei, town