Ferno cot

Man, I wish I lived closer to this!

Vintage Ferno Ambulance Cot - $50 (Lafayette)
Date: 2011-11-02, 9:57AM MDT
Reply to: sale-kvgzr-2630938677@craigslist.org

For sale is an older Ferno ambulance cot, gurney, stretcher in solid, working condition. This can also be used as a rolling work table and is great for getting heavy items in the back of a van or pickup. The legs fold and articulate properly and it holds several hundred pounds without a problem. This would even make a great Halloween prop or accessory for your Halloween display or deranged doctor/operating room costume! Wheels roll very smoothly, and I don't see why this still can't be used to move a person, as was originally intended. All aluminum pipes and castings, with some very intricate machining and light-weight construction. Will clean up nicely. The pad is old and has some holes in the cover. There are certainly many potential uses for this unique piece! First $50 OBO rolls it home. Phone calls only, please. 303-489-0417. Thanks for looking!

5Q45P45X13ne3kc3l4ba3e99c81ddfb021e72.jpg
5V05Q05X03n03k03meba3e95ab101c8af1e41.jpg

This is a Ferno #26, which more or less replaced the #27. The front portion of the frame folds down so that when the head is raised, the cot is shortened to aid in going around tight corners. This would be a good one for any '65- to '75-ish combination, although more than a few were used in ambulances. The #26 is my favorite "one man" cot.

Take his offer and then offer a bit more to have it shipped by Greyhound Bus lines right to your neighborhood. I use Greyhound to ship car parts, windshields and body panels. The cost has never been over $100.99 with insurance and they call you when your delivery is scheduled to confirm acceptance and they are more economical on shipping especially on heavy items. Just my 2 cents. :071:

I used a 26 for grandmother for a long time. I really liked it better then the 29 for getting in the car. the fixed wheels in the front make for easy one man wheeling of it. it was always refured to as a removel gurney. 50 bucks is a steel for it with the mattress. and the hound will carry it for 100 bucks or less. the last one I had sold for 250 on e-bay. I have a 27 here now or I would be all over this one.

Back