Gene Knisley estate auction - Kansas City, MO

Peter,

The good and the bad news is that the floors still hold water! Lol. Yet to be determined as to condition as I have not been under it and the rubber mat is all still "good".

These photos are flattering! I know the condition when the rig when it was traded 20+ years ago and I was in the building where they were stored on auction day. Everything inside the car is covered with mildew. You had to be there to believe it. The auctioneers assumed that all of these would sell for scrap. Who knew that several would be sold for less than that! These rigs were all drug out of the building on flat tires and locked up wheels and sold as-is, where-is. No effort was made to identify them as to year, make, or model. The attorney supposedly had the titles, but we were all to assume that there were no titles. Fortunately, I called the attorney this morning and she does have my original title that was issued when the rig sold new! Trust me on this one. The lousy storage was a bigger issue on this one than the prior 18 years of running the highways of SW Nebraska!

Bill,
I lied to you! I did take 1 photo of one of the Econoline ambulances. As I said, I met the guy who bought this one and 11 others, if you are interested in anything!

Unfortunately, both of the Econoline ambulances were hauled to the shreader today.

Eastern 6 headed east.

5 days - 3100 miles, but Eastern 6 made it east to Vermont yesterday. The trip went well, all in all.

The car looks better with four tires that hold air. It is rough, not much floor left, in either the front or the back.

I threw a battery into it, and a temporary fuel source - it ran pretty good (on 7 cylinders - one spark plug was broken off.) It didn't want to move, but the transmission was low on fluid, and I didn't have any with me. The rear brakes were locked up tight, also one rear spring is broke off.

Even had time in Kansas City to take in a baseball game.

Attachments

• 76easternkc.jpg
    76easternkc.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 192
Parts

5 days - 3100 miles, but Eastern 6 made it east to Vermont yesterday. The trip went well, all in all.

The car looks better with four tires that hold air. It is rough, not much floor left, in either the front or the back.

I threw a battery into it, and a temporary fuel source - it ran pretty good (on 7 cylinders - one spark plug was broken off.) It didn't want to move, but the transmission was low on fluid, and I didn't have any with me. The rear brakes were locked up tight, also one rear spring is broke off.

Even had time in Kansas City to take in a baseball game.

If you happen to want or /need doors I have all 5 that are nice and rust free.

Jacob, will you be driving it to Gettysburg?

Just kidding, what you do have going for you is S&S was a very well made car.I can't wait to see more pics as you progress. :applause:

As it turns out, nearly every vehicle does have a title, after having sold them under the assumption that we would not be getting titles! Picked my title up yesterday while in town. What a mess of an estate this one is! This one should be in text books!

I am now also in the hunt for a sun-baked '74-'76 M-M end-loader from the Southwestern part of the US that I can cut up for the purpose of restoring the '74 M-M Lifeliner that I just purchased. They are out there and it makes more sense to sacrifice a M-M end-loader than it does to cut up a Coupe deVille. It just takes persistence!

Doors

How about a couple for my Lifeliner? I did the drivers side doors but need doors for the passenger side. Do your doors fit a 73 Cadillac M-M Lifeliner?
Can you PM me price if selling.

The only set I have are for 72-76 S&S

You can have the doors from the 73 Eterna ,but you need to buy the whole car:)

Attachments

• DSC05111.jpg
    DSC05111.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 304
If anyone has any interest in anything off of the 2 '70 vintage Ford Econoline ambulances, you had better speak up. I spoke with Eric(the buyer) yesterday and he will be hauling those 2 directly to the shreader this week. He has taken the lights off of the one already, but doubt that anything else will be removed.

Also, if anyone has interest in the 2 '76 vintage Dodge Stratus ambulances or the '76 vintage Superior "Fat Boy", you will want to speak up as well. Eric may end up hauling those to the shreader too. I tried to discourage that when I spoke with him, but he has a huge task ahead of him in getting the 12 vehicles that he purchased out of there in the next 2 weeks. I would imagine that he will grow discouraged by the time he gets the last of them out of there. We helped him load the '54 Superior Pontiac ambulance yesterday while down there.
Any word on what happened to the Chevy Suburban ambulance that was pictured on the auction website?

Back