1954 h-p left front door

Just spent half an hour in the yard this will settle the door issue. Made the following measurements at the belt line, Hearse 48 inches two door sedan 48 inches, four door sedan 39 inches. These are at belt line just under molding end to end. SO the two door sedan and Hearse are the same door. Should be easy to find two door sedan door in sunny rust free Ca.

Just spent half an hour in the yard this will settle the door issue. Made the following measurements at the belt line, Hearse 48 inches two door sedan 48 inches, four door sedan 39 inches. These are at belt line just under molding end to end. SO the two door sedan and Hearse are the same door. Should be easy to find two door sedan door in sunny rust free Ca.

did you locate any moldings and a spring off a 67 superior when you were out there? we are still looking for them.

Thanks Steve.... but as posted by Peter Grave above there is a 2" (lower) difference difference in door height of the 4-door Packards of that era and the two doors...also apparently the same as a commercial hearse or ambulance. When this all started years ago, we bought a complete 4 door '53 Packard Donor Car that served us well for most everything we needed. As you may recall Tom Shafer found (our original) X-Fallbrook Fire Dept Ambulance sitting abandoned in a grape vineyard near Napa, CA <less> the motor and transmission but complete in every other way including all it's original Unity Lights, Federal Q, cot, etc. The left door (only) was terribly mangled and although we spent a lot of time on it, it was just not good enough (for me) and the reason for trying to find another complete door. We are awaiting a call back from from the folks at Max Merritt on Monday that we understand have several from a purchase of some complete H-P Hearses in Colorado.

ED: Are the clips and moldings you were referring to from this H-P Project or the Criterion? We have found the missing parts and have completed both in that regard. THX-MM

no the ones I was referring to from Peter were some I need for the superior I'm currently working on. need the aluminum ones off the back door around to the were it dips on the quarters. the divider one between the fiberglass and the top.

Guys you missed it measurements were taken from the front of the door to the back at the belt line (below bottom of window and bottom window molding) benieth door handle outside front to back NOT top to bottom. Glass height is the same Hearse two door and four door. LENGTH (front to back) is shorter on the sedan as in not the same as Hearse and two door. Bottom line the Hearse and two door sedan doors are the same Henney just used standard Packard two door sedan doors. The four door sedan door is too short end to end by almost a foot. Hope this clears it up.

Back