Rearranging the Garage

Since the 59 is out of the way and waiting shippment I was able to exercise some rides today and get garage back in order. Including a few pictures. One is 66 ford truck which was my dad's years ago, 69 superior ford econoline ambulance which now has hubcaps which helped alot, also showing is a 96 GMC 3500HD prison bus with 49k which I picked up at nearby county auction and am ready to haul prisoners or maybe take to PCS meet to haul members in, and my pride and joy a 1976 ford Denimachine Van which I got after looking for one since they came out new. Hard to find as they only built 106 and 15 we given away in canada, 10 give away in US and rest were sold to coke reps and dealers. According to records there is only 13 left out of the 106 and mine is one of the giveaway from the US. I know it is not nice but give me a few years. At least it runs and only has 84k.

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 731
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 712
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 673
Never seen a Denimachine. Really cool looking van! I love the "stitch work" pin striping and the back pockets on the back doors. Who had those vans made? I see obviously Coke on it, but also the Levi logo. Was it a Coca Cola promotion?

Nice truck collection Danny! I never saw one of those Denimachines, or even heard of one. That should be extremely collectible when you get it finished!

Never seen a Denimachine. Really cool looking van! I love the "stitch work" pin striping and the back pockets on the back doors. Who had those vans made? I see obviously Coke on it, but also the Levi logo. Was it a Coca Cola promotion?

Charles, it was a promotion by coke, levi jeans, hotrod magazine, hurst, mallory ignition, thrust, and a few more. The interior is pretty good still and original with walls made out of denim material, red shag carpet, sun roof, cb radio, lots of extras also had mallory ignition, headers, some had side pipes which mine will at some point, dual exhaust, 4 barrel carb added. They got about 100 more horsepower out of the 351 windsor engine. They were all automatic tranny but they added shift kit and moved selector to floor with big crome shifter that looks like manual shifter. Has lots of coke items inside. I found a guy who reproduces all the decals which I have already bought in case he stops doing them. Cost about 450 for complete set. Guy I got from had three in a coke museum and only reason he let me have one is my desire to get and keep and restore. He had for seven years but rarely drove but did drive 300plus miles when he bought it. It is in decent mechanical shape. Can still get original type crome wheels. The canadian versions were slightly different. They were built in Il., titled to coke, then given away. When I was 14 years old I saw one as they came by local ford dealer to advertise. I was hooked, ever few years I would think about them and look around but never could find one. Last fall I looked on ebay and found the guy in canada who did the decals and told him I would buy a set if he could tell me where to get the van. He sent me to guy in Il. and after several months of negotiations a deal was done.

Love the Ford truck!

Thanks Brendan, my dad always had a truck when I was growing up and he kept this one longer than most. He bought in 1979 when I was a senior in high school and kept until 1988 when he sold to brother of guy I worked with and he lived about five miles from me. I never seen the truck again and after my dad died in 2001 I started thinking about that truck and wondered where it got to so I called the guy and he still had it. I ask condition and he said great as it had been stored in his basement since year after he got it as he got marrried and had several kids and couldn't fit all in it so only drove rare occassion. I ask about buying it as my mom and I wanted to have it back being my dad liked it so well and he wasn't interested but said he would call if he changed his mind. Couple years later I got the call he was ready to sell and I went to see it. Price was not a factor in this case but he was fair. He had put the tires in the picture on the truck a few months after he got it so they have been on there about 23 years now. No cracking or rot. I drive at least once a month or more locally. Of course I would not want to take a long trip with that age on the tires. Neat thing I liked most about the truck is it being a factory automatic tranny. Most back then were manual tranny. With ford this was last year that you could roll start even though automatic tranny. Get up to about 30 in neutral and pull in drive and she will start right up. My dad restored this truck in about 1985 when a guy on a motorcycle went down the side of the truck in a curve. Didn't do major damage but he decided good time to restore and has not had much done since other than loved and cared for.

wow I knew a guy in the 70's who had one of the Coke vans.....everytime I saw him in it, he had a different chick in it with him !!!! Dam

haven't seen one in years not even at a cruise or car show.
But I remember the "shagging wagon" very well thats what my buddy called his lol

my birthday was good thanks

Back