color has been chosen

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I was trying to get the 73 painted before Jim sent his car out but I got the 66 earlier then expected. so I since I was way into it I had no choice but finish . besides we want to practice on the wrinkle paint before doing Jim's. so I was thinking abut the 74 fire mist cranberry . then maybe the 73 spruce green. but economics has won out over anything else. I got this gal of champagne Pearle in a poly urethane enamel for the 71 that I never painted. bayed 100 bucks for it then it's not worth 180. so the 73 will be gold and black. he we got the rear door jammed so this is the color combination.

Attachments

• IMG_1121 so I got this for the 71 i sold with out painting we had best use it.jpg
    IMG_1121 so I got this for the 71 i sold with out painting we had best use it.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 111
suprising enought the centers of the rear on the 66 are the same stamp. they don't have the back up lights punched in them, but shape size and mountig are the same as all the rest. you get your new one down. then you can remove the rear bumper on the lifeliner and get it sent off and repaired and plated.

I could have gone with the gold vinyl top then it would match my 6 door. but this one had the top eat up with the rust worms. we are talking pits 1/8 in deep in it. to smooth it up enough to paint shinny would be a task. just the fact that it had a vinyl top and none of the seams were filled is bad enough. then Jim wants his with a crinkle top. I have never sprayed one before. so I'll practice on this one first. if I mess it up bad the option of going to a vinyl top is still there. but they are about a grand to get one. I'm going to jam the doors with the satin black then follow up on the out side with the wrinkle. from what I have seen that's the way they did them. the only thing different is that I have primed the top. the wrinkle paint can be applied over bare steel. that's the way the cheap skates did it. that is the reason for so many failures later on with the wrinkle tops. I got the gold on the other jams last night so here is a couple other pictures of that. the pearl really catches the flash. I could save the door sticker because it's good luck finding another on of them.

Attachments

• IMG_1215s.jpg
    IMG_1215s.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1218s.jpg
    IMG_1218s.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 64
Back