Rear Quarter Window Graphics

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I would like an original-style window graphic for my 68 Superior ambulance. Does anyone know how I might get a pair of them? The ones currently on the windows are incorrect in many ways. Any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• P1100932.jpg
    P1100932.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 359
Search the pictures in the albums, and find one that you like. Then take that picture to a vinyl graphics company, and they can produce one just like the picture, and apply it to the outside of the glass. Unfortunately, most of the vinyl's are silver on the mastic side, and color on the smooth side. You have a choice to go with a Superior theme, or you can come up with one that you like, because some ambulance services had their own "logo" window graphics. Marcy Ambulance Company sounds good. :D

this is the correct one that superior used. it would appear that the center has been changed in yours

Attachments

• 1968 superior pontiac.JPG
    1968 superior pontiac.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 455
Search the pictures in the albums, and find one that you like. Then take that picture to a vinyl graphics company, and they can produce one just like the picture, and apply it to the outside of the glass. Unfortunately, most of the vinyl's are silver on the mastic side, and color on the smooth side. You have a choice to go with a Superior theme, or you can come up with one that you like, because some ambulance services had their own "logo" window graphics. Marcy Ambulance Company sounds good. :D

There has to be someone out there that can do adhesive on the color side. I wouldn't want my decals on the outside of the glass, personally. It just wouldn't look correct to me.

the glass cling style will go on either side of the glass. or you can reverse the image to put it on the inside.

All the vinyl I used when I was working with vinyl graphics was the same color on both sides. If you apply the graphics on the inside of the window you need to use a good solution like Rapid-Tac ( basically expensive soap and water) and a good applicator squeegee to get all the air/water bubbles out or they will show when it dries.

For what its worth, we also offered a vinyl that was frosted clear, that looked like etched glass when applied to windows. It's what I had on my GMC.

Bill, I had my graphics replicated for my 65 and they turned out great. Applied on the inside. Well worth doing. Personally I would recreate the original 68 design as posted by Ed.

this is the correct one that superior used. it would appear that the center has been changed in yours

Does anyone have a straight-on photo of this? Also, does anybody have the dimensions? I spoke to a graphics guy today, he said he can do it, but this information would be very beneficial to the process.

Thanks for any assistance with this.

Bill, drop Len Langlois a note. He has a beautiful 68 Cadillac in his museum with the same window markings. If you go to the ems claasics website and look at the 68 Superior Cadillac images a shot is there. He could take a pic for you that then could be reproduced. :thumbsup:

One of the artistic aspects of these cars is their window treatment. A technical discussion thread on them would be very helpful in restoration. If I can suggest a technical thread on this. I will post my cars asap.

One of the artistic aspects of these cars is their window treatment. A technical discussion thread on them would be very helpful in restoration. If I can suggest a technical thread on this. I will post my cars asap.

Done.. it is in the Period Correct Discussion Forum. Thanks for suggesting this topic.

Here is the graphic on my 75 Cadillac Superior. Yours might of had that whizzing atomic looking thing but could have had this one.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 243
Superior Window Decal Art

Here, courtesy of our esteemed PCS friend and colleague, Dr. Roger White, who was kind and generous enough to share them with me many years ago, are Superior's artistic renderings of the various window decal styles that were used to adorn the patient compartment windows of their ambulances... for model years 1969 through 1974.

Attachments

• Superior Ambulance Window Decals 1969-1974 picture 2.jpg
    Superior Ambulance Window Decals 1969-1974 picture 2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 137
Back