need a set of these

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
the 67 crown came from superior with a set on each side but when I got it there were holes on each side and only one molding a side. so we need a set or some one that is good at casting. I have patterns that just need cleaned up a little.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.jpg
    IMG_2609.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 268
White metal, or what is more commonly known as die-cast. The best way to recreate these is to have a jeweler cast them in coin silver (they melt down silver coins that are so worn that they have no numismatist value), and after they are polished, you clear coat them with lacquer. Then use the double sided tape to hold them to the car, and don't ever tell anyone that they are actually coin silver vs. die-cast/pot-metal/white metal, etc..

they can be cast in aluminum also. the ones Jen-Mark had produced were cast that way. wishing not I had got a couple sets from him when I got the ones for Jim's car. most of the ones you wind have at least one post broken off as they put on with barrel nuts to hold them in place. the steel nut and pot metal casting with a little water and salt would start up electrolysis and eat up the base metal. the crown scrip will be the hard one to find. the others side has only 3 letters left.

The best way to recreate these is to have a jeweler cast them in coin silver (they melt down silver coins that are so worn that they have no numismatist value), and after they are polished, you clear coat them with lacquer. Then use the double sided tape to hold them to the car, and don't ever tell anyone that they are actually coin silver vs. die-cast/pot-metal/white metal, etc..

Paul - you shouldn't reveal your secrets - now everyone will be waiting for you to turn your back on the show field. In fact, the next time I visit, don't mind me if I step out to the garage for a minute with a putty knife... :p

Ed,
Get with Attila. I am sure that he would have them or know where they could be found.

Actually, Paul just uses his sand box and melted lead wheel weights to cast his! Don't let him fool you!

Last edited:
Back