C/B Trim Part Sources Needed

I have a 1972 C/B 48" ambulance on an Olds 98 chassis. I am assessing what is needed if it is to be painted. The rubber weatherstripping (gasket) around the rear door glass and aft side windows is fairly deteriorated. Does anyone know if these were "off the shelf" materials or custom made for C/B? Is there a current source or a generic material that has been used successfully?

Also, the upholstery for the front bench seat and folding jump seats is a combination of squares and circles that appear to be heat-embossed into light blue vinyl (this vehicle is ex-USAF).

Am I looking for items made out of unobtanium?

Thank you in advance- I always marvel at the depth of knowledge found within the PCS.

Attachments

• DSCF0036 edited.JPG
    DSCF0036 edited.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF0038 edited.JPG
    DSCF0038 edited.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 144
there is no known source for the glass grommets. my best guess is they all used a standard extrusions and cut them to fit in the plant. vulcanizing the corners as they went. I would have to run up to the attic to look at them I'm not sure on the 72 glass. some you were lucky enough that you could put the right one in the left side and put the good side out. some the rubber was formed with the flap on either side. the liberal use of wd-40 will soften up the hard rubber to were you can work it like it was new. with a little care you can work it between the glass and rubber and rubber and body on both sides and get them to release with our further damage to them. corners can be re glued the outer flap trimmed a little to remove the split edge. and tears mend with urethane, silicone or the rubber products use to repair the new plastic bumper covers. all just part of the joys of redoing a old car.

as for the seats the last I hear there was a place in Oregon you could send you original pattern to and they would heat stamp it in new material. but it was not cheap. the good news is that CB loved that pattern and color.

guard your rear bumper with your life they are getting hard to come by and that CB top plate was only used 71-72.

Back