58 Pontiac Superior Combo for sale

James Fischer

PCS Member
I was talking to a friend this morning who is heavy into Pontiacs who said that a friend of his has this car for sale.....:biker:

It has 25k original miles,it runs,drives perfectly.....everything is there...he says he takes his kitty to the vet in it...and thats about all its used for....:thumb:

Former California Car...........

He is asking $40K for it ..he is located in British Columbia..:smileflagcan:

If there is anyone seriously interested,please PM me......

desert%20winter%20007.jpg

From Victory Auto Sales Ft Lauderdale post.

Vintage cars for sale

Just a really cool ride, had to buy it ! 24000 miles showing and I believe it ! Only had a few minor touch ups, otherwise all original time machine ! All the bells and whistles : Siren, light, radio, stretcher, everything ! This car will attract more attention than anything you've ever owned ! Great for advertising, museum, movies, whatever ! Superstraight, rustfree body, superoriginal interior with really cool linleum floors, whisperquiet engine, the baddest ride in town ! Take it to your local carshow and blow everybody's car away ! Turn on the siren going thru a tunnel, be a kid again ! Have fun, it's later than you think ! Only $32500 for this supercruiser built by Superior..A really rare chance to buy a really rare 50's car !

From Victory Auto Sales Ft Lauderdale post.

Vintage cars for sale

Just a really cool ride, had to buy it ! 24000 miles showing and I believe it ! Only had a few minor touch ups, otherwise all original time machine ! All the bells and whistles : Siren, light, radio, stretcher, everything ! This car will attract more attention than anything you've ever owned ! Great for advertising, museum, movies, whatever ! Superstraight, rustfree body, superoriginal interior with really cool linleum floors, whisperquiet engine, the baddest ride in town ! Take it to your local carshow and blow everybody's car away ! Turn on the siren going thru a tunnel, be a kid again ! Have fun, it's later than you think ! Only $32500 for this supercruiser built by Superior..A really rare chance to buy a really rare 50's car !

WOW,,thanks Tim.......wait till I tell my buddy he has it listed elsewhere for $32,500........:poster_oops:

James: that is a previous listing I saw last year. Likely where he bought it.
From those pictures it is a beautiful original car.

Gorgeous car! I believe that particular car may have been sold at The Auction in Hershey, Pa, maybe ten years ago, if it is the same car, it brought big money then.

James, if you've uploaded the photos to a photo sharing website and are linking to that, most times that doesn't work. The site may require others to join to see the photos. Also, the one that did post is a Bitmap, which is a huge file format. The BMP photos may be too large for this site to host.

If you can convert them to JPEG photos, and then upload them from your computer directly to this website, we should be able to see them.

Wow, listen to me, I sound like I know something about computers! :cool:

Either way, from the one photo, a very cool and unusual car - a hightop combination!

What a BEAUTIFUL car! Jackson's in Jenks, OK had one just like it - colors and all. Hammerlund VHF radios were popular with the funeral homes around here.

Either way, from the one photo, a very cool and unusual car - a hightop combination!

That lipped roof was Superior's original design for the '58 Pontiac hearses and lowtops. After much protest from potential customers, they redesigned it without the lip:

(photos from various sites)

Attachments

• 58 1.jpg
    58 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 58 2.jpg
    58 2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 336
siren

Could someone give some details on the early Federal electronic siren the car is outfitted with? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 34BAEF15-BBB5-4B38-81E2-5FA0FB6E10EE_12.jpg
    34BAEF15-BBB5-4B38-81E2-5FA0FB6E10EE_12.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 225
Adam: Would its first year of production be @ 1963?

I'll have to double check my Superior book when I'm at home to make sure I have all my facts straight, but I believe the Criterion styling was a one year only design (at least on the non-ambulance cars). This specific design element was called a "Criterion Crown" and it gave a little more headroom in the rear. The Criterion name was used for quite a few years on ambulances, but on the hearses, combinations, and even at least one service car, it was 1958 only. Introduced and deemed a bad idea quickly I assume.

Back